Moparts

1968-70 B body Side Window Guides

Posted By: Big Bad Bee

1968-70 B body Side Window Guides - 05/28/11 08:43 AM

Removing the drivers and passengers side windows from the wind wing frames on my 70 bee, I've discovered these thin plastic guides that look like a drinking straw split down the middle. They appear to have had black felt material covering them to help them glide???

Anyone have suggestions on how to correctly referbish or replace with new? Also, the rubber moulding on the top of the wing that meets the corner of the side door glass when the window is rolled completely is cracked. Any advise.
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: 1968-70 B body Side Window Guides - 05/28/11 03:59 PM

Get ready to grab your ankles when you see the cost to replace those critters,...Legendary Interiors, Dante, or your Chrysler dealer have those avaliable
Posted By: ogopogo

Re: 1968-70 B body Side Window Guides - 05/28/11 11:55 PM

i dont have the part # handy but a search on here will turn it up.This is by far the cheapest place to get them,about $40 each.

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?siteid=215039

Re: 1968-70 B body Side Window Guides - 05/29/11 04:41 PM

Quote:

Get ready to grab your ankles when you see the cost to replace those critters,...Legendary Interiors, Dante, or your Chrysler dealer have those avaliable

Is the little things that get you... What do they call them? I can't find em.
Posted By: 1_WILD_RT

Re: 1968-70 B body Side Window Guides - 05/29/11 05:12 PM

Call Dante.. They are door glass guides Chrysler pt # 2932230
Posted By: badblack68

Re: 1968-70 B body Side Window Guides - 05/29/11 07:29 PM

Still available from your local Chrysler dealer.

Re: 1968-70 B body Side Window Guides - 05/31/11 07:36 AM

Quote:

i dont have the part # handy but a search on here will turn it up.This is by far the cheapest place to get them,about $40 each.

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?siteid=215039

Well I got a price from trademotion. $45 and change. Gonna call dente tomorro as well as my local Chrysler dealer. Thanks everyone!

Also, if anyone has a good picture of what these should look like in working condition, please post it!
Posted By: twinscrew698

Re: 1968-70 B body Side Window Guides - 05/31/11 01:26 PM

A thread with pic!
https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...part=1&vc=1

Re: 1968-70 B body Side Window Guides - 06/01/11 05:56 AM

Ah! Perfect. I was guessing the whole thing was covered in felt. Thanks everyone!

Re: 1968-70 B body Side Window Guides - 06/01/11 08:41 PM

HOLY CRAP! Local Dodge dealer wants $70 each...

The parts guy said, "we have plenty available..." I said, "You think???"
Posted By: twinscrew698

Re: 1968-70 B body Side Window Guides - 06/03/11 02:44 PM

Quote:

They must be on sale now!I had a quote of around 90 bucks last year!

Re: 1968-70 B body Side Window Guides - 06/03/11 02:52 PM

Quote:

That's why I told you earlier to grab your ankles when you see the price!

Now the good news/bad news,....they might work for you, in my application, they were too tight for the power windows (rebuilt tracks, new motors, etc,etc) just too much drag, I ended up tossing the new (dealer) ones and reusing the "worn" ones

Re: 1968-70 B body Side Window Guides - 06/03/11 09:02 PM

Mike, were your old ones bare? Mine are in two pieces, the tube and the backing and they have just an inch of felt on the top and bottom! I figured they would leak but likely slide okay.

Re: 1968-70 B body Side Window Guides - 06/04/11 01:54 AM

Quote:

Mike, were your old ones bare? Mine are in two pieces, the tube and the backing and they have just an inch of felt on the top and bottom! I figured they would leak but likely slide okay.

Yeah Lindy they were/are bare but fully intact, just missing the felt application,....I wanted to install new ones, seeing that I rechromed the A frames, and everything else was replaced, I tried playing with them, and the plastic guides that attach to the glass to lessen the drag,.....the new pcs are probally OK for hand crank windows, but power windows are a fickle biotch setting up in a B body,...my windows all work great, but the new felt guides actually burned out a new motor on the drivers side just from the drag, while just setting it up,...I ended up putting the old worn guides back in, and no more drag,...somethings are a compromise sometimes

Mike

Re: 1968-70 B body Side Window Guides - 06/05/11 04:01 AM

Hmmmmmm. I wonder if a couple passes with some 600 grit would knock the fuzz down on them enough. or maybe applying baby powder or something. LOL. That must have been frustrating. B windows are a pain to remove and reinstall on a finished car, not even to mention having to replace that motor.

I will have to evaluate mine and see what I have. I know that the first one I pulled apart, the fuzzy part was in two pieces, the backing and the straw. From what you say, I will likely buy new.

Oh hey Mike, what do you like to use to glaze the wing windows into their little frame?

Re: 1968-70 B body Side Window Guides - 06/05/11 04:33 PM

Quote:

Oh hey Mike, what do you like to use to glaze the wing windows into their little frame?

I know some like to replace the "channel" with OEM stuff,....but I use black ureathane window sealant to replace the channel, you'll need to set them aside standing straight up for the sealant to cure and retain the glass properly, don't use silicone as it ages and grays out, the ureathane will stay black,...I've never had any issues doing it this way, and if done nicely is undetectable

Mike

Attached picture 6667755-chargerinterior5.jpg

Re: 1968-70 B body Side Window Guides - 06/06/11 05:17 AM

That's perfect. I'm not a purist by any means. If it looks good and holds the glass tight, great. Thanks!
Posted By: 67mbomb

Re: 1968-70 B body Side Window Guides - 06/06/11 10:50 AM

Are 67 b body the same guilds and channel
Posted By: 67mbomb

Re: 1968-70 B body Side Window Guides - 06/08/11 01:08 PM

Any body knows
© 2024 Moparts Forums