Moparts

Fan Shroud Info

Posted By: Caparco

Fan Shroud Info - 05/28/11 04:54 AM

I have a 72 challenger.. it had A/c but was takin out
its a 26" radiator but it has the 2 bolts on the right closer together
then the left side, they are not even distance all 4

YearOne tells me they don't have the right shroud for it, and some Challengers were made .. simply without a shroud!

Is this true? My radiator seems to blow leaks alot, and the shop that welds it tells me to get a shroud.. makes all the difference in the world.. is this true as well?

who has the challengers with the simple even 4 bolt radiators?are they 26"?
Thanks for help + Info + advice
Marc

Re: Fan Shroud Info - 05/28/11 12:26 PM

no one has info?
Posted By: DennisH

Re: Fan Shroud Info - 05/28/11 01:07 PM

B Body here. 4 row. 26. Shroud. Purple Ice. 180 Superstat. Factory Thermal/Clutch fan. Runs 165-180 all day long.
Posted By: radiatorman

Re: Fan Shroud Info - 05/28/11 02:50 PM

Is it an original Chrysler radiator? What is the measurement up/down center to center where the shroud would attach? Get me this and I can let you what shroud you need.

Bob
Posted By: 70Cuda383

Re: Fan Shroud Info - 05/28/11 02:59 PM

I find it hard to believe that they would ship them WITHOUT a shroud from the factory...

there's got to be something out there that fits a factory radiator. if yours isn't factory, and the bolt holes aren't correct, then maybe you can fabricate one?
Posted By: cuda-sweden

Re: Fan Shroud Info - 05/28/11 06:12 PM

-70 cuda with 26" radiator and ac,the shroud is still sold by mopar.i think the part,nr ends with 326.maybe thats the one you need?but that adding a shroud should stop the radiator from blowing leaks?
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: Fan Shroud Info - 05/28/11 06:47 PM

Quote:

-70 cuda with 26" radiator and ac,the shroud is still sold by mopar.i think the part,nr ends with 326.maybe thats the one you need?but that adding a shroud should stop the radiator from blowing leaks?

I don't think any challengers left the factory without a shroud.
These shrouds will fit any 26" mopar radiator and other 26" radiators also.
Yes it's true what your radiator shop told you about needing a shroud.

Should still be able to get them from Mopar.

Re: Fan Shroud Info - 05/28/11 06:49 PM

Quote:

Is it an original Chrysler radiator? What is the measurement up/down center to center where the shroud would attach? Get me this and I can let you what shroud you need.

Bob

No Bob its not the original, I got it at a replacement parts store it fit well , but the others they sell don't work at all, the bolt holes are all 4 even and the distance for the tranny lines are way off

anyway like i said.. the right (drivers side) is short 11 1/2 in
and the left (passenger side) is 14 "

They are still available from Chrysler?

Re: Fan Shroud Info - 05/28/11 06:53 PM

challenger 1 does that shroud have the smaller drivers side holes.. 11 1/2.. or are they both 14" from each other?
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: Fan Shroud Info - 05/28/11 07:03 PM

Without measuring them, I'd say there the same. A simple bracket could be made so it could be used on any 26" or so radiator.

Re: Fan Shroud Info - 05/29/11 02:51 AM

make a bracket?.. sure i can just duct tape it on there too and make it fit, problem is if my Challenger has this (un-even) bolt set up, im sure a whole line of others had the same and the shroud that fits should be around somewhere

No?

Re: Fan Shroud Info - 05/31/11 02:02 PM

Sorry guys.. I thought the shroud bolted up with the radiator bolts! now i see the other bracket , its just on the "inner" part of the radiator only.

I didn't know cause I never had a shroud here to see it.
there 26" accross and 12 3/8" up and down and all for even
im sure thats what that part # is

the holes are not threaded though.. just a punched hole, are there special screws to attach this shroud , does it come with it?
© 2024 Moparts Forums