Moparts

Looking for Spark Plug Info

Posted By: RoadRunner

Looking for Spark Plug Info - 05/26/11 03:37 AM

I have a 440 with Dynomax headers and 915 heads. I had the headers on an engine with Edelbrock heads and the plugs/wires cleared fine. With the 916 heads, the No. 5 plug is right up against the header. I started to get the car out if its winter slumber and it was missing bad. The header tube for this cylinder was cold compared to the others and the boot was melted pretty bad. I am sure it was shorting out against the header. Is there a peanut plug I could use for clearence? I would hate to dent the header. The jet hot coating looks awsome after 10 years and I would hate to screw that up. I am also planning on reinstalling the Eddy head motor later this summer, so if I don't have to ding the header I would be happy.
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Looking for Spark Plug Info - 05/26/11 04:45 AM

Yeah there is a short plug but dont have the #. here's a BTT

Re: Looking for Spark Plug Info - 05/26/11 06:33 PM

No plug gurus on lately?. A seach on Summit's website (gotta love the compare function) got me pointed to an Autolite 258. It appears this is more of a small engine plug and is no resistor core. Other wise everything else is the same. Will this be an issue using an MSD box and Blaster coil? I only bought one to try out. Do I need to go to all Non-resistor plugs if I want to run this one? The AM radio doesn't work, so no interference issues I can think of there.
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Looking for Spark Plug Info - 05/26/11 08:12 PM

Ask this in the race section , someone there will answer , I can remember someone posting about a shorty plug and it was a small engine plug .

What plug are you currently running ?

Re: Looking for Spark Plug Info - 05/27/11 05:49 AM

Currently running an Autolite 85.
© 2024 Moparts Forums