Moparts

'07 PT, no park lights

Posted By: MOBodyman

'07 PT, no park lights - 05/25/11 07:21 AM

Just bought an '07 PT Cruiser and was checking all the lights. Everything works except the park lights. Car has fog lights and they work also.
Checked for blown fuses and found none.
Any ideas on what to test or look for?
TIA,
Dallas
Posted By: therocks

Re: '07 PT, no park lights - 05/25/11 01:02 PM

Did you check the bulbs?If the rears are working the frts might be bad.Its an easy check.Rocky
Posted By: RodStRace

Re: '07 PT, no park lights - 05/25/11 02:25 PM

I'd guess the switch.
IIRC, the switch 'tells' the IPM (underhood fuse box or Intelligent Power Module) to turn them on.
Check/swap relays too.

Re: '07 PT, no park lights - 05/25/11 04:55 PM

No park lights front or rear. I pulled every fuse out of the underhood fuse box and held them up to a light to check them, all were good.
I have a feeling it's the switch, just hoping I overlooked something.
Thanks for the replies,
Dallas
Posted By: Blown71X

Re: '07 PT, no park lights - 05/25/11 06:00 PM

You probably don`t want to know this, but, The lighting on those is WAY over complicated..The Steering column control module tells the cluster via the LIN bus and the cluster then tells the TIPM via Can bus to turn the lights on.
Don`t go throwing parts at it until you get some one with a REAL scan tool to see what faults, if any are in the SCCM,Cluster,TIPM
The TIPM has short circuit protection internally and uses solid state drivers so if it sees a problem it shuts them off.

Rick

Re: '07 PT, no park lights - 05/26/11 05:29 AM

Quote:

You probably don`t want to know this, but, The lighting on those is WAY over complicated..The Steering column control module tells the cluster via the LIN bus and the cluster then tells the TIPM via Can bus to turn the lights on.
Don`t go throwing parts at it until you get some one with a REAL scan tool to see what faults, if any are in the SCCM,Cluster,TIPM
The TIPM has short circuit protection internally and uses solid state drivers so if it sees a problem it shuts them off.

Rick

Thanks for the additional info. I'll check the wiring and see if I can find a short. The dash lights work so that kind of makes sense to me. I'm not too good with electrical issues so I may have to take it to the dealer.
Dallas
Posted By: therocks

Re: '07 PT, no park lights - 05/26/11 12:40 PM

Its not just them its pretty much every new car made.Seems the engineers have to complicate anything that was simple.At least they arent as bad as GM with all the wiring problems in the headlights.I dont know how many Cavaliers and Sunfires I had to fix headlights on because they didnt work.Rocky
© 2024 Moparts Forums