Moparts

Wifee's new 2011 Charger DOA

Posted By: 52savoy

Wifee's new 2011 Charger DOA - 05/23/11 10:19 AM

Bought the car about 3 weeks ago and parked it in the garage overnite as usual. Nothing..no lights, horn,trunk release,,,,and no startie.. this morning.

Where does Chrysler hide the reset button..

Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: Wifee's new 2011 Charger DOA - 05/23/11 01:34 PM

Wow that stinks. Did you call the dealer? Seems when you pay that kind of money they be happy to send a guy out to check it.
Posted By: chargervert

Re: Wifee's new 2011 Charger DOA - 05/23/11 02:17 PM

My wife killed our new Challenger R/T last year by accidently hitting the trunk realease button on the key fob. The trunk light stays on,the battery was dead. The first thing I noticed when I went to take the car out,was that the trunk was popped open,so like a dope I closed it. I had to climb through the back seat and manually pop the trunk to get at the battery. I charged it overnight,and its been fine ever since.
Posted By: 70Duster

Re: Wifee's new 2011 Charger DOA - 05/23/11 02:21 PM

Hard to believe in this day and age Chrysler doesn't have the body control module programmed to turn off the trunk light after 10 or 15 minutes like most other manufacturers do.
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: Wifee's new 2011 Charger DOA - 05/23/11 02:42 PM

Quote:

My wife killed our new Challenger R/T last year by accidently hitting the trunk realease button on the key fob. The trunk light stays on,the battery was dead. The first thing I noticed when I went to take the car out,was that the trunk was popped open,so like a dope I closed it. I had to climb through the back seat and manually pop the trunk to get at the battery. I charged it overnight,and its been fine ever since.

why can't you open the trunk w/ a key????
Posted By: Mad_Scientist

Re: Wifee's new 2011 Charger DOA - 05/23/11 02:44 PM

That happened to my Challenger too. It was the battery. Just put it on a charger and it will start up and be fine.

Re: Wifee's new 2011 Charger DOA - 05/23/11 02:44 PM

There is no external lock for the trunk on a new Challenger.
Posted By: Todd

Re: Wifee's new 2011 Charger DOA - 05/23/11 05:26 PM

FYI. There is jump start posts in the engine compartment. So climbing thought the back seat isnt nesesary.

Re: Wifee's new 2011 Charger DOA - 05/23/11 05:36 PM

I had to go through the back seat to get at the battery,because the nose was pointed in the garage.
Posted By: Todd

Re: Wifee's new 2011 Charger DOA - 05/23/11 07:05 PM

Quote:

I had to go through the back seat to get at the battery,because the nose was pointed in the garage.

Cables too short Huh? I hate when that happens.
Posted By: Dartsport540

Re: Wifee's new 2011 Charger DOA - 05/23/11 09:21 PM

It happened to mine about a month ago. Somebody hit the trunk button. Battery was dead. I saw that the trunk was open, when I walked up to it. I closed the trunk, and then tryed to start it. Dead battery.
Posted By: buildanother

Re: Wifee's new 2011 Charger DOA - 05/23/11 09:26 PM

That is weird that if I leave the interior lights on in my 10 year old intrepid, the body computer, module, or something is "smart" enough to shut the lights off for dopey me, but a trunk light will stay on?
Posted By: Mastershake340

Re: Wifee's new 2011 Charger DOA - 05/23/11 09:31 PM

Maybe it's another retro feature with the new Challengers. The trunk light in my '70 doesn't go out after a time period passes either. Since the trunk sometimes stays open for hours when displayed at car shows, I removed the bulb so I wouldn't run down the battery.
I should do the same with my '09 Challenger!
Posted By: 52savoy

Re: Wifee's new 2011 Charger DOA - 05/24/11 04:02 AM

Yeah..I thought they should send a mechanic out too. Called Chrysler and they flat bedded it back to the dealer. They put the charger on it using the post under the hood.
They checked around and found nothing. Mentioned the ACC(switch) might not have turned off when my wife left the car and the systems didn't shut down. We'll see...
also...The brakes have always felt like your driving on rumble strips whenever they are applied. Had them checked again(2nd time). Need rotors on all four corners. I looked at the rotors when we got the car home and they are hosed...
At this point were ready for a buy back.
Posted By: quick77rt

Re: Wifee's new 2011 Charger DOA - 05/25/11 05:49 AM

Dont feel bad, ive killed a 05 neon many times this way. I took the bulb out.
Posted By: cogen80

Re: Wifee's new 2011 Charger DOA - 05/25/11 12:48 PM

Quote:

also...The brakes have always felt like your driving on rumble strips whenever they are applied. Had them checked again(2nd time). Need rotors on all four corners. I looked at the rotors when we got the car home and they are hosed...
At this point were ready for a buy back.

at three weeks old? holy crap.
Posted By: 67RT

Re: Wifee's new 2011 Charger DOA - 05/25/11 02:25 PM

I've had mine back to the dealership a couple times so far. First one of the keys was not programmed when I got the car. I had that corrected within a couple days of purchasing. Then I started getting a warning on the dash "Service Keyless System" I thought it was related to the key not being programmed correctly. I figured I would let it go until the first oil change.

Next issue was a check engine light and traction control light that came on when I started the car, also sounded like there was no oil for a second or two, just kind of clattery sounding. I took it in for the lights and they found an issue with the camshaft position sensor. I don't think they actually replaced any parts, just reflashed the computer. I also had them check out the keyless issue and that turned out to be a bad door handle.

While waiting a week for the door handle to come in, I still had the engine light on and the noise at start up once in a while. The door handle came in so when I made my service appointment, I told them they needed to check the light again. My appt was on Monday, so I dropped the car off Sunday afternoon. Well when I went to start the car, the car was pretty much dead. It had enough juice to unlock the doors and one feeble starting attempt and that was it. I ended up jump starting it to get it running. The dealer did not find anything electrical wrong with the car and they could not re-check the codes for the check engine light because they said they were wiped out when the battery went dead.

So far everything has been good, but it has only been about 3 weeks since everythings been fixed. But I think there may be something loose or flapping under the car. I can sometimes hear a noise at around 60mph, but it is hard for me to pinpoint where it is coming from. If I roll down the window, the wind noise is too loud. Plus the road I drive to work is not the smoothest asphalt so I get some tire noise too, my car has the 20" wheels. I just need to get under it and see if there is anything loose.

But overall, I do like the car a lot. I think it drives great and I really like the features. Hopefully the issues I have are just part of getting the bugs out of the new model.
© 2024 Moparts Forums