Moparts

73 Challenger engine bay wiring questions...

Posted By: MoparKansas

73 Challenger engine bay wiring questions... - 05/23/11 05:42 AM

I have a couple of wiring questions for the engine bay on my 73 Challenger. The first is for the transmission wiring harness. It has only two wires in the connector that goes to the firewall and one male concector that comes from one of the wires. Here is a pic of the connector.

Attached picture 6646379-TransmissionHarnessplugII.jpg

Re: 73 Challenger engine bay wiring questions... - 05/23/11 05:46 AM

And here is where I have the dash reverse light wire coming out. Does this go to the single male connector or where?

Attached picture 6646383-TachandreverselightwireII.jpg

Re: 73 Challenger engine bay wiring questions... - 05/23/11 05:50 AM

I also have this AC harness. I am assuming the green plug goes to the blower motor? Where does everything else go. The two spade connectors must go to the firewall harnesses somewhere? I am not ready to add the compressor and stuff yet, but would like the blower motor to work.

Attached picture 6646387-EnginesideACharnessII.jpg

Re: 73 Challenger engine bay wiring questions... - 05/23/11 05:54 AM

And here is the blower motor - the green wire goes to this? Where is the ground wire supposed to bolt onto?

Attached picture 6646391-BlowermotorII.jpg
Posted By: 1_WILD_RT

Re: 73 Challenger engine bay wiring questions... - 05/23/11 05:55 AM

http://www.mymopar.com/downloads/1973/73ChallengerA.JPG

http://www.mymopar.com/downloads/1973/73ChallengerB.JPG
Posted By: HemiRick

Re: 73 Challenger engine bay wiring questions... - 05/23/11 08:11 AM

I just found this mymopar site the other day when I was searchin for wirin diagrams....How come we dont have this stuff in our tech section? This mymopar site is apparently a 1 man operation and he pays to keep it goin outta his pocket. He has copies of all the parts/service manuals posted too.
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: 73 Challenger engine bay wiring questions... - 05/23/11 12:10 PM

starting from the left side.
2 wires taped together with no insulator - go in the bulkhead connector.
single wire goes to the blower motor.

then on the opposite end. the 2 wires taped together go to the low pressure cutoff switch and the single wire goes to the compressor clutch connector

Re: 73 Challenger engine bay wiring questions... - 05/23/11 03:15 PM

That is about what I was thinking on the AC wiring harness, but still don't know which connector to put the spade terminals in. Looking at the wiring diagrams that are posted - are they for a non AC car? It has a connector for the blower motor and no connection through the bulkhead. I have three spots these could go to with nothing in them - two on the transmission wiring harness and one in the corner of the Engine wiring harness.

Re: 73 Challenger engine bay wiring questions... - 05/26/11 04:32 PM

I crawled under the dash last night and found the interior AC harness and figured out where to plug the blue and green connectors into the bulkhead connectors so that is taken care of. Can anyone confirm that the interior reverse light plugs into the single connector coming from the transmission harness?
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: 73 Challenger engine bay wiring questions... - 05/26/11 04:52 PM

Quote:

I crawled under the dash last night and found the interior AC harness and figured out where to plug the blue and green connectors into the bulkhead connectors so that is taken care of. Can anyone confirm that the interior reverse light plugs into the single connector coming from the transmission harness?

Yes it's part of the same harness.

Re: 73 Challenger engine bay wiring questions... - 05/26/11 05:30 PM

My car is a converted 4 speed so the wire was not in that harness. Should I plug it into the gray connector shown in the picture at the top of the post?
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: 73 Challenger engine bay wiring questions... - 05/26/11 05:49 PM

The long wire with a eyelet on the end,for the blower motor, bolts to the lower mounting bolt on the wiper motor.
© 2024 Moparts Forums