Moparts

valve spring compressor

Posted By: BTTG

valve spring compressor - 05/22/11 08:38 PM

will i be able to get my comp cam 911 spring on my 906 heads with this?

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PRO-66832/

had a 60$ one from advance auto and it was bending wildly (total POS)
Posted By: dOrk !

Re: valve spring compressor - 05/22/11 08:54 PM

I have a HD KD brand ... never had a prob with that.
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: valve spring compressor - 05/22/11 09:08 PM

That one will work, barely. It's a POS also.
Posted By: 451Mopar

Re: valve spring compressor - 05/23/11 02:56 AM

I have one of those and it worked fine on my PAC-1325 springs (over 700# compressed.)
I wish the cam lever on it was drilled overcenter so it would hold the spring compressed, but on mine you still have to apply some pressure to maintain the compressed position. From what I have seen it is pretty good for the price. When I was looking for one, the next step better one was over twice the price.
Posted By: Stanton

Re: valve spring compressor - 05/23/11 03:57 AM

$95 for a POS ... ouch !!! I have an amazing one that I picked up at an auction for $25.. Check around for a used one - maybe on Craigslist or something like that. For the short time you need it, how about a tool rental place ???
Posted By: 67Charger

Re: valve spring compressor - 05/23/11 04:32 AM

This is the best one ever. It is designed to be used on the engine, but if you clamp the head to the table it works great. I JUST used it 3 minutes ago to check piston to valve clearance with my current cam so I can see what size roller I can go to.

Comp Cams 5324
Posted By: R/T1968R/T

Re: valve spring compressor - 05/23/11 06:48 PM

Built this for under $20 works fantastic!!

Attached picture 6647003-TOOL1.jpg
Posted By: R/T1968R/T

Re: valve spring compressor - 05/23/11 06:49 PM

The "T" fitting needs to have the threads removed and polished

Attached picture 6647006-TOOL2.jpg
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: valve spring compressor - 05/23/11 06:57 PM

Quote:

I have one of those and it worked fine on my PAC-1325 springs (over 700# compressed.)
I wish the cam lever on it was drilled overcenter so it would hold the spring compressed, but on mine you still have to apply some pressure to maintain the compressed position. From what I have seen it is pretty good for the price. When I was looking for one, the next step better one was over twice the price.

IMO it's a wobby POS made in china, How are you supposed to assemble the keepers if you can't let go of it?

Buy one with a fixed frame, NOT a wobby adjustable one.
Posted By: 3ddart

Re: valve spring compressor - 05/24/11 12:31 PM

you can also modify a stamped steel rocker arm by adding some arms to push against the retainer and put a lever arm on it and it will work similar to the pipe t. i don't have a pic but that's how i made 1. i also cut an extra shaft i had so it only bridged 2 stands.
© 2024 Moparts Forums