Moparts

tci tranny?

Posted By: 1340busa

tci tranny? - 05/21/11 09:42 PM

does anyone have experience with tci transmissions? i think i need a new tranny for my bb roadrunner. summit is close to my house so i can just go pik it up. i want to buy from our sponsors but shipping is so high.
Posted By: 05dakota

Re: tci tranny? - 05/22/11 06:54 AM

DONT GET IT
Posted By: goldmember

Re: tci tranny? - 05/22/11 07:09 AM

You should find someone close to help you. Where in GA are you?
Posted By: JoesMopar

Re: tci tranny? - 05/22/11 07:28 AM

Quote:

DONT GET IT

Why not?
Posted By: 05dakota

Re: tci tranny? - 05/22/11 03:17 PM

poor qulity, waranty requires it be returnwed to factory.
Posted By: 1340busa

Re: tci tranny? - 05/22/11 09:25 PM

im in cordele ga. just south of macon. does anyone know of a good tranny man near me?
Posted By: 68dodge

Re: tci tranny? - 05/23/11 11:03 PM

I use one of there Competition transmissions so far it has been very good. I have bout 20 passes on the track with it. Plus street driven. It is behind a 500 HP 440. I used one a mild built 318 also and never had a problem.
Posted By: eightlitermopar

Re: tci tranny? - 05/24/11 02:42 AM

I have a tci behind my BB roadrunner.

Lately I have a tapping/ticking noise, but I am suspecting the mopar converter. I won't know for sure until I actually pull the tranny.

But---as far as performance goes, it hasn't let me down yet

eight
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: tci tranny? - 05/24/11 03:10 AM

I never forgot the moniker the one guy put on them decades ago "total crap incorporated" but that was just one guy & no product is perfect & no personal exp w them & this is the complaint dept so we (on Moparts) get the bad news not the good news
Posted By: bfury

Re: tci tranny? - 05/24/11 12:02 PM

I HAVE ONE IN MY DUSTER, IT IS GOOD NOW. WHEN I BOUGHT IT THE STEEL PARTS ON THE VALVE BODY HAD RUSTED AND I HAD TO REPLACE IT. NO HELP FROM TCI OR SUMMIT. BUY ONE FROM JOHN COPE AND PAY THE SHIPPING. IT MIGHT COST A LITTLE MORE BUT WILL HAVE THE BEST PARTS AND YOU WILL NOT HAVE TROUBLES. INITIAL COST IS SOON FORGOTTEN WHEN THERE ARE NO PROBLEMS.
Posted By: fox

Re: tci tranny? - 05/24/11 12:24 PM

15 years ago I bought a torque converter from TCI. During install we found the machine work wasn't finished on the snout. It ate the pump seal.
Called TCI and was told I had to send it back to them on my $$$. I did, thinking after they saw it they would make it right. Well, they fixed it or sent a replacement COD!!!
So it was thier failure of final inspection that caused me to pay shipping 3 times. A year later the converter failed and was junked. Which is where it started.
So, I will never buy from them again.
Btw, this was my daily driver truck, so the trans had to be put back in while they took my money.
Phone calls were worthless and rude.
Trash can incorporated is right.
© 2024 Moparts Forums