Moparts

71 RR and 73 Charger SE rear seat interchange?

Posted By: badblubeee

71 RR and 73 Charger SE rear seat interchange? - 05/06/11 07:22 PM

I have some 73 Charger parts and someone is looking for a rear seat for their 71 Road Runner.Seat pattern ect. not withstanding, will the seat fit properly in the RR size wise ,attachment points ect.? thanks for any info-Dave
Posted By: MoparMarq

Re: 71 RR and 73 Charger SE rear seat interchange? - 05/06/11 09:59 PM

Not positive, but pretty sure that seat bottom and seat backs are the same size. Though, as you said, fabric patterns are different. Rear glass the same, also. Door glass the same. 1/4 glass may or may not be different. Rear shelf the same, I believe. Rear 1/4 interior panels lowers MAY be the same, uppers almost certainly will not swap. Door panels will fit, upper and lower.

I have a driver's door glass, if your buddy needs one, BTW.
Posted By: mopars_1

Re: 71 RR and 73 Charger SE rear seat interchange? - 05/06/11 11:14 PM

Quote:

Not positive, but pretty sure that seat bottom and seat backs are the same size. Though, as you said, fabric patterns are different. Rear glass the same, also. Door glass the same. 1/4 glass may or may not be different. Rear shelf the same, I believe. Rear 1/4 interior panels lowers MAY be the same, uppers almost certainly will not swap. Door panels will fit, upper and lower.

I have a driver's door glass, if your buddy needs one, BTW.

yes, the seats will interchange. I think there was a little different spring arangment maybe? also, the rear lower door panels are slightly different, somewhere in there they had molded in arm rest pads.
Posted By: mopargem

Re: 71 RR and 73 Charger SE rear seat interchange? - 05/07/11 05:41 AM

same
Posted By: badblubeee

Re: 71 RR and 73 Charger SE rear seat interchange? - 05/07/11 05:30 PM

Thanks for the replys-I was pretty sure it would fit but ya never know. The guy is going to reupholster so the material doesn't matter. Dave
Yea, my son was going to "restore" it! clueless

Attached picture 6621951-100_1198.JPG
Posted By: NachoRT74

Re: 71 RR and 73 Charger SE rear seat interchange? - 05/07/11 07:30 PM

THIS IS ON BUCKETS SETUP:

70/71 foams and 72/74 are diff foams
of course, covers too to fit on foams ( same years )

SEAT BACK changed on mid 71 production line, from a large release button and metallic hinge covers to a one piece seat back panels, covering hinges and smaller release back button. This of course makes a diff back frame, back panel, back release system. So you'll need to take care about that when finding replacements if needed.

tracks are the same.

now, DUNNO if benchs got somekind of differences like these
© 2024 Moparts Forums