Moparts

NE issues with Mancini aluminum WP housings?

Posted By: bb74swngr

NE issues with Mancini aluminum WP housings? - 05/03/11 06:52 PM

I remember a while back a thread describing issues with the 440 source aluminum water pump housing. I couldn't find it with a search. Because of those problems I am considering a Mancini aluminum water pump housing and am wondering if anyone has had any problems with the Mancini brand. The Mopar aluminum housings are more expensive but if they are really that much better, do you think I should get one of them?

Thanks for looking:)
Posted By: dOrk !

Re: NE issues with Mancini aluminum WP housings? - 05/03/11 06:56 PM

MANCINI "brand" ? ... so there are THREE diff castings in the market now ?

Re: NE issues with Mancini aluminum WP housings? - 05/03/11 07:00 PM

Hey Eric. That's what it looks like on their web site. It lists Mopar and Mancini. If someone else could take a look maybe I'm reading it wrong...I'm old:)

Re: NE issues with Mancini aluminum WP housings? - 05/03/11 07:04 PM

bb ...I am asking myself ...

The market I THINK is a little "crowded" with TWO .... now there is three ....

I was ONCE(couple of years ago) thinking about having one done in MAG(to be really uNique) ... but the cost would have been prohibitive.

Re: NE issues with Mancini aluminum WP housings? - 05/03/11 07:08 PM

Eric, do you know if the 440 source ones are okay now to?

Re: NE issues with Mancini aluminum WP housings? - 05/03/11 07:22 PM

IIRC ... they had some restriction in the ports ?
Posted By: moparts

Re: NE issues with Mancini aluminum WP housings? - 05/03/11 07:29 PM

I did read that some one tested the flow of the Cat housing with the one smaller passage and even though it was smaller flowed fine

Since then 440Source now has a housing with their name on it, changed, not sure if it has the small passage, if it matters anyway.

Then again I read another post about opening up the small passage with a die grinder , an easy job.

All in All I have the small cat housing on my stoker motor with NO overheating problem
Posted By: ireland383

Re: NE issues with Mancini aluminum WP housings? - 05/03/11 08:07 PM

Quote:

I did read that some one tested the flow of the Cat housing with the one smaller passage and even though it was smaller flowed fine

Since then 440Source now has a housing with their name on it, changed, not sure if it has the small passage, if it matters anyway.

Then again I read another post about opening up the small passage with a die grinder , an easy job.

All in All I have the small cat housing on my stoker motor with NO overheating problem

I have the Cat housing same as the Source housing. Even with the smaller passage it never runs hot. The problem was the old Source water pump. I used a napa replacement with the Cat housing and can't get the car over 180 in traffic on a 100 degree day.
Posted By: firefighter3931

Re: NE issues with Mancini aluminum WP housings? - 05/03/11 08:35 PM

The Mancini brand is fine ; nice wide water ports with an excellent pump that has an anti cavitation plate. I use one of their setups on my 572ci pump gas stroker with a milodon high-flow thermostat and it works great.

If anybody wants a 440Source housing cheap just lemme know.

Ron

Re: NE issues with Mancini aluminum WP housings? - 05/03/11 09:12 PM

Quote:

The Mancini brand is fine ; nice wide water ports with an excellent pump that has an anti cavitation plate.
Ron

Thanks ff3931! I think I will go with the Mancini.

Thank you everyone for your input and kindness:)

Russ.
Posted By: 383man

Re: NE issues with Mancini aluminum WP housings? - 05/04/11 05:00 AM

Quote:

The Mancini brand is fine ; nice wide water ports with an excellent pump that has an anti cavitation plate. I use one of their setups on my 572ci pump gas stroker with a milodon high-flow thermostat and it works great.

If anybody wants a 440Source housing cheap just lemme know.

Ron

I use the Mancini brand pump and housing also with no problems. They told me it is the same as the Mopar one other then the Mancini name on it and it is cheaper. Ron
© 2024 Moparts Forums