Moparts

column mount b/u switch to trans conversion ?

Posted By: bschargerse

column mount b/u switch to trans conversion ? - 05/03/11 02:12 AM

Has anyone ever converted their column mounted reverse light switch to a transmission mounted one (later 3 prong model)? I'm referring to a Torqueflite. The column mounted switch is broken on my '66 Chrysler. I would like to convert it from a standard single prong neutral safety switch to a combo ns/rev switch. Do I also need to change the "rooster comb" in the trans too?
Thanks.

Re: column mount b/u switch to trans conversion ? - 05/03/11 11:38 AM

bump....
Posted By: RemCharger

Re: column mount b/u switch to trans conversion ? - 05/03/11 04:28 PM

No.
Posted By: doctor_mopar

Re: column mount b/u switch to trans conversion ? - 05/03/11 04:43 PM

Many years ago, I changed from the column to the trans for my 67 Barracuda. I did not change the Rooster comb as you call it, but I had a newer trans. However,I never heard of anyone having to swap the comb though. I am sure you should be good to go if you swap the switch, and move the wiring as I did.
Posted By: dOrk !

Re: column mount b/u switch to trans conversion ? - 05/03/11 07:33 PM

Quote:

Many years ago,

Many ? ....like a huNdred or so ? .... like a 1867 Barracuda CHARIOT ?

TELL US how it was then .....
Posted By: fshd4it

Re: column mount b/u switch to trans conversion ? - 05/03/11 08:40 PM

I put a single wire NSS trans in a '74 duster once. I tried to change just the manual lever assy. to match with the 3 pin switch, but it interfered with the governor plug end plate. I ended up swapping out the whole valve body for a newer one, seemed to work fine.
Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: column mount b/u switch to trans conversion ? - 05/03/11 10:37 PM

If you want to use the 3-prong NSS in a '66-'68 transmission you'll have to change the roostercomb in the valve body and only a '69 or '70 will work. Or you can change the entire valve body.

Re: column mount b/u switch to trans conversion ? - 05/04/11 11:46 AM

Thanks!
© 2024 Moparts Forums