Moparts

Anchor motor mounts any good?

Posted By: Scottmon

Anchor motor mounts any good? - 05/02/11 06:13 PM

Wifey's 2000 Sebring Jxi munched it's front motor mount. Called a local dealer and the best they could do for the rubber isolator was $131!!!!

So...Rock Auto carries Anchor motor mounts for approx. $7.50 each. Thought I'd roll the dice and buy a front and rear mount. Rear looks like it's going too).

Anyway, if Anchor mounts are a POS should I just cancel the order (and save the labor and cussin' if I have to re-do them later) and hit the pick-n-pull for some decent OEM mounts?
Posted By: IMGTX

Re: Anchor motor mounts any good? - 05/02/11 07:49 PM

IIRC Anchor Motormounts are what Autozone sells.

I use them but they are pretty much a crap shoot. Most are made in India.

Still for $125 difference I would go with the Anchor mounts. You can not be sure you aren't still getting the same one just reboxed and marked up. It happens often.

I lucked out and got Moog bushings in my last set of AZ front end parts.
Posted By: Pyper70

Re: Anchor motor mounts any good? - 05/02/11 11:20 PM

Anchor is a knock off...Pronto in LA used to redistribute them all over the LA Basin. I think I bought one...one time because I worked at the joint...Oil dripped on it and 3 months later it was trash. Spend the extra 10 bucks and go to Napa
Posted By: pnypwr

Re: Anchor motor mounts any good? - 05/03/11 12:02 AM

they are all junk I hate to tell you...napa autozone pep boys all made in india in the same factory with everyone elses label on them...if you want quality go to the dealer...but you can buy alot of 8 buck ones and change them out for the 130 price tag mopar gets
Posted By: CKessel

Re: Anchor motor mounts any good? - 05/03/11 12:49 AM

Yes you can buy many cheap ones and change them out, but is it worth your time to re-do? They are cheap for a reason.
Posted By: Jim_Lusk

Re: Anchor motor mounts any good? - 05/03/11 05:59 AM

Do yourself a favor and buy the factory one OR make your own. Like said above NOBODY but the dealer carries quality mounts anymore. And, we're not talking about sub-par, we're talking NO-par. I think the rubber is elephant dung or worse......
© 2024 Moparts Forums