Moparts

New Gen 392 knock sensor help please.

Posted By: MoparPosterChild

New Gen 392 knock sensor help please. - 04/30/11 07:42 PM

Can someone tell me if there's a trick to get the knock sensors to work on a new gen 392 crate motor? The guy tuning my car thinks they need some sort of amp to send them a signal. I haven't heard of that before. Anyone got any insight? We are working on it right now. Thanks.
Posted By: 1_WILD_RT

Re: New Gen 392 knock sensor help please. - 04/30/11 08:10 PM

I can't say for sure on the new 392 but typically knock sensors are pziezzo electric signal generators tuned to the frequency detonation occurs at... When Detonation occurs it excites the pziezzo electric crystal & the crystal will generate a DC voltage signal up to 1 volt depending on the severity of the detonation.. As you mentioned I'm not familiar with any amp being needed... Hope this helps...
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: New Gen 392 knock sensor help please. - 04/30/11 09:46 PM

Quote:

Can someone tell me if there's a trick to get the knock sensors to work on a new gen 392 crate motor? The guy tuning my car thinks they need some sort of amp to send them a signal. I haven't heard of that before. Anyone got any insight? We are working on it right now. Thanks.

I don't think there are many of those installed yet. Wouldn't be surprised if you had a very early version of one either. Have you tried asking Brian?

Might have to ask other prolific Gen III tuners that possibly have messed with one yet. And hope they are willing to give out the info, if they even tried to solve it.
Posted By: hemibeep

Re: New Gen 392 knock sensor help please. - 05/01/11 02:23 PM

email mike@ostdyno.com He is the man tuning these gen III
© 2024 Moparts Forums