Moparts

Factory Techs...or experienced with NV3500...

Posted By: 70Cuda383

Factory Techs...or experienced with NV3500... - 04/29/11 09:51 PM

my back-up lights don't work!

I began trouble shooting... jumper wire on the plug for the switch, and the lights come on like they should.

hook the wire up, pull the switch out, push the ball in...nothing.

Ok. I need a new switch.

few days later when the Rock Auto box arrives...same thing. but this time, with the wire harness plugged in, and I push the ball in on the switch, the reverse lights come on. but installed on the trans and in reverse gear...nothing.

I tried to look inside the hole with a mirror, and when in reverse I can see what looks like a square plug that is what's supposed to push in on the ball of the switch to turn on the reverse lights. When in reverse, I can see it with a flashlight and a mirror. when I shift out of reverse, it goes away.

how do I fix this or troubleshoot it further? is this a common problem? do I have to pull the trans to figure this out?

Re: Factory Techs...or experienced with NV3500... - 04/30/11 02:00 PM

hm...nothing?

Fine, make me do it the hard way and dig out my factory service manual!
Posted By: Devilbrad

Re: Factory Techs...or experienced with NV3500... - 04/30/11 03:23 PM

Sounds like the detent on the shift fork shaft is worn. Is there a washer under the switch? If so, try it without the washer.
Posted By: Magnum

Re: Factory Techs...or experienced with NV3500... - 04/30/11 05:28 PM

Do those switches thread in and bottom out?

I had to change mine too but it was more of a, it's not working, change it, now working.

Re: Factory Techs...or experienced with NV3500... - 04/30/11 10:56 PM

I've got it bottomed out now on the threads.

I plan to swap in a 360 soon, when it's all apart, it's a perfect time to toss an overhaul kit at the trans at the same time.
© 2024 Moparts Forums