Moparts

Holley Accelerator Pump Hydrolock

Posted By: Hotlumpy

Holley Accelerator Pump Hydrolock - 04/29/11 09:38 PM

I have a Holley 3310 750 that the accelerator pump keeps hydro-locking on me. I take the float bowl off and it will squirt when depressed, but locks up within a minute of running. I blew out the passage in the metering block, no problem. I couldn't seem to get air to pass through the passage on the main body of the carb, and I'm not sure what to do next.
Posted By: jt4406

Re: Holley Accelerator Pump Hydrolock - 04/29/11 09:53 PM

Make sure the bowl gasket is installed correctly (accl passage on the correct side), fooled me once!
jess

Re: Holley Accelerator Pump Hydrolock - 04/29/11 09:55 PM

Yeah, there is a slot on both sides of my gasket, car was running fine and just started this. I have replaced the gaskets and blown out the passage in the metering block, no help.
Posted By: dartman366

Re: Holley Accelerator Pump Hydrolock - 04/29/11 10:11 PM

did you blow out the passage in the main body? is the check needle below the squirter stuck?

Re: Holley Accelerator Pump Hydrolock - 04/29/11 10:57 PM

Quote:

did you blow out the passage in the main body? is the check needle below the squirter stuck?

Couldn't get air to go through the main body passage, how would I chesk the needle below the squirter? I'm pretty new at the insides of this carb.
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Holley Accelerator Pump Hydrolock - 04/29/11 11:05 PM

Quote:

how would I chesk the needle below the squirter?

Take out the big phillips screw and the squirter then turn it upside down to get the brass needle out and there is a gasket under the squirter

Re: Holley Accelerator Pump Hydrolock - 04/29/11 11:40 PM

Quote:

Quote:

how would I chesk the needle below the squirter?

Take out the big phillips screw and the squirter then turn it upside down to get the brass needle out and there is a gasket under the squirter

So now I have this needle out, then blow out the passages aqain & re-install?
Posted By: dartman366

Re: Holley Accelerator Pump Hydrolock - 04/30/11 03:50 AM

after taking the needle out then use carb cleaner and blow thru it and make sure it is clear then inspect the needle for damage or sign's of rust or corrosion, those needles weren't always brass some were steel, also make sure the holes in the squirter are clear, take a small wire slightly smaller that the holes and run the wire thru them to make sure there isn't any debris in them.
Posted By: Magnum

Re: Holley Accelerator Pump Hydrolock - 04/30/11 05:23 PM

Try it without the squirter nozzle and check valve in place.
Posted By: GTXX

Re: Holley Accelerator Pump Hydrolock - 05/01/11 03:33 AM

Quote:

if you do this, lay a rag in the carb to catch the check valve
Posted By: Magnum

Re: Holley Accelerator Pump Hydrolock - 05/03/11 03:36 AM

Quote:

Quote:

if you do this, lay a rag in the carb to catch the check valve

Good catch (literally) GTXX. It was a typo. I meant without the check valve in place.
© 2024 Moparts Forums