Moparts

Exhaust Questiion

Posted By: 440 Dere

Exhaust Questiion - 04/28/11 01:47 AM

I need some advice on some exhaust.Here is what I'am planning to do.
1966 Belvedere,Auto,440.would the x-pipe or the h-pipe work better with 3" and flowmasters and headers,hopefully clear to rear bumper,the car is tubbed,so may be a problem to rear bumper.Any help would be greatly helpful.Here is my e-mail wildone@ezlinknet.com
Thanks
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Exhaust Questiion - 04/28/11 01:57 AM

X pipe. And flowmasters are reportedly noisy/raspy (no exp w them though). Would need reg muffs plus resonator muffs alongside the springs in the rear for noise reduc but doesn't sound like you'll have room. 3" will b noisy to a certain extent no what you do. A guy on here added a horizontle section of pipe at the apex of each bend over the axle iirc 1.5-2 ft out (inward from each bend/capped on the end) & said it made a significant noise reduction (sounds hokey but must cancel sound waves) & I'm going to try it and I think I am going to go w quieter muffs & cable cutouts and by the time I open em up the money will b in the hands of a 3rd party & it'll b too late EDIT read thru "getting rid of flowmaster which dynomax" thread on this page
© 2024 Moparts Forums