Moparts

6.1 Hemi short oil filter

Posted By: Barnabas_Kriss

6.1 Hemi short oil filter - 04/27/11 07:15 AM

I'm installing a 6.1 Hemi in an E-body. I got the engine in. I used the 45 degree adapter for the oil filter. The stock length oil filter still won't quite fit as it would interfere with the K-member. Are there any filters that are a little shorter? Brand and part number would be great. Thanks in advance.
Posted By: dbogie

Re: 6.1 Hemi short oil filter - 04/27/11 08:39 PM

I pull the rh motor mount bolt and use the engine picker to tilt the block.does not take much.
Posted By: 808CUDA

Re: 6.1 Hemi short oil filter - 04/28/11 07:08 AM

AC DELCO PF-13
Read this post I made some years ago when you have the time:
https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...e=1#Post3930520
Posted By: Blown71X

Re: 6.1 Hemi short oil filter - 04/28/11 05:47 PM

Or.......Grab a cut-off wheel and a welder to make a notch in the K-frame......

Attached picture 6607158-oilfilter-notch.JPG
Posted By: Barnabas_Kriss

Re: 6.1 Hemi short oil filter - 04/29/11 07:09 AM

Too late to notch the K-frame. K-frame has been powder coated and engine already installed.

808CUDA - I did read your post several times, it has been very helpful.
I have one more question for you:
I used the same TTI mounts with the stock rubber insulators. The engine seems to sit at a slight angle (the front is a little higher than the rear). The headers clear everything fine, it just looks odd. I already spaced the rear trans mount up, but still a little tilted. I still need to check my driveline angles. Did you encounter anything like this with your swap? (I'm installig a Keisler/Tremec 5-speed).
Posted By: 808CUDA

Re: 6.1 Hemi short oil filter - 04/30/11 08:33 AM

Honestly I never noticed an alignment issue and the engine appeared level to me. I sold the car a few years ago and I can't take another look.
© 2024 Moparts Forums