Moparts

528 Hemi With Mopar Dual Plane - Exhaust Heat??????

Posted By: kz5rt2

528 Hemi With Mopar Dual Plane - Exhaust Heat?????? - 04/26/11 03:10 PM

Hello all,
I bought a crate Hemi and am using a single four dual plane intake. I see it has the original exhaust heat ports on the manifold (reference the photo).

Since I'm using TTI headers and not the original cast iron exhaust manifolds, what should I do with these exhaust holes?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Attached picture 6603798-HEMIINTAKEHOLES.JPG
Posted By: RUNCHARGER

Re: 528 Hemi With Mopar Dual Plane - Exhaust Heat?????? - 04/26/11 04:02 PM

Just make some plates up from scrap steel to seal them up or just leave them open. I would send that manifold for scrap myself but maybe you need to use it for hood clearance issues?

Sheldon

Re: 528 Hemi With Mopar Dual Plane - Exhaust Heat?????? - 04/26/11 05:01 PM

Is this intake manifold wrong for the application?
Posted By: CHRYCOFAN

Re: 528 Hemi With Mopar Dual Plane - Exhaust Heat?????? - 04/26/11 06:44 PM

I just did like said & made plates for them...

And Yes, I needed the hood clearance the intake gives.

Butch

Attached picture 6604108-Picture402.jpg
Posted By: RUNCHARGER

Re: 528 Hemi With Mopar Dual Plane - Exhaust Heat?????? - 04/26/11 09:10 PM

The manifold probably leaves at least 50HP on the table compared to a Barton or Indy manifold. However usually hood clearance is a problem with a stock type car.

Sheldon
Posted By: desomod

Re: 528 Hemi With Mopar Dual Plane - Exhaust Heat?????? - 04/26/11 09:45 PM

You can just keep those openings uncovered. They were to circulate hot exhaust gas to heat the carb on a stock setup.
Have you thought about the Stage V dual quad intake? It is a single plane design but appears to have the correct height. I am running it on a 528" Hemi Cuda, shaker hood and it looks stock.

Re: 528 Hemi With Mopar Dual Plane - Exhaust Heat?????? - 04/26/11 10:27 PM

I had the engine dyno'd with the single carb setup because I am going to put a 426 street wedge air cleaner on. Yes, I had to go with the dual plane for hood clearance as well.

Gary Stanton built the 528. I picked up another 25 ftlb of torque with this setup but lost about 18hp he said. Not that I needed the extra torque of 640 ftlbs, this should be a blast on the street and can't wait! Gotta love those Hemis

Attached picture 6604372-hemiengine6.JPG
© 2024 Moparts Forums