Moparts

Need a 15'' or bigger spare tire what car should i look

Posted By: cjs69mope

Need a 15'' or bigger spare tire what car should i look - 04/20/11 02:27 PM

hey all i need to get a used 15 inch rim or larger to mount a spare tire for use on my 69 charger. I have not had a spare since the car was built with custom 17 inch wheels .
So I want to get a tall tire mounted on a plain Jane 15 in rim to have in case of a flat .
My question is where is the most reasonable place to find a rim that will fit . I don't go to bone yards anymore so I don't know what car would fit . any suggestions ? would a spare from a dodge ram truck or van work ? or any passenger car ?
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Need a 15'' or bigger spare tire what car should i look - 04/20/11 03:13 PM

15" rims that will fit come of Diplomats and Gran Furies , there is also a 16" on the newer jeep wranglers that will work .
Posted By: QuickDodge

Re: Need a 15'' or bigger spare tire what car should i look - 04/20/11 03:25 PM

Some of the Dodge Trucks and Vans have wheels which will fit. On trucks it's 1984 back 2 wheel drive and 1980 back 4x4. I'm not certain of the years for vans, but I believe it's similar.

The newer trucks have a larger bolt pattern and/or have the wrong offset.
Posted By: burdar

Re: Need a 15'' or bigger spare tire what car should i look - 04/20/11 03:53 PM

You could also get a 15" doenut spare out of an 80-83 Mirada/Cordoba. They're pretty tall I think. It should fit and give you more trunk space at the same time. Trunk space is probably not an issue with a B-body though.
Posted By: cjs69mope

Re: Need a 15'' or bigger spare tire what car should i look - 04/21/11 06:54 PM

Thank you for the help MOPARTS!
© 2024 Moparts Forums