Moparts

Champion radiator question???

Posted By: 68shifter

Champion radiator question??? - 04/18/11 11:46 PM

Just curious if anyone knows what the fitting style is on the transmission cooler built into the radiator. They send an adapter to go to rubber hose and clamp but would rather do hard line. It just looks different than -AN or double flare.
Any ideas??? Thanks in advance
Posted By: KillerB

Re: Champion radiator question??? - 04/18/11 11:52 PM

Got one of those champion rads in my bee, 1/8 NPT is the fitting for the tranny cooler. Hope this helps.

Re: Champion radiator question??? - 04/19/11 12:17 AM

The one I'm working on actually is a male nipple on both bottom outlets. Then it has the barb adapter with a nut that slides over and tightens onto the nipple.
Posted By: KillerB

Re: Champion radiator question??? - 04/19/11 04:18 AM

Pretty sure those male fittings will unscrew from radiator, a pic would help with your issue.
Posted By: wicked

Re: Champion radiator question??? - 04/19/11 09:17 AM

Remove fittings from old rad, install in new, attach hardlines, 1/8 npt on one side flare on the other, or if you dont have go raid your closest plumbing dept brass fittings

Re: Champion radiator question??? - 04/19/11 11:54 AM

I'll try to get a pic. The fitting is welded on the new radiator and the old ones were brazed in that one. Thanks for the help, il try champion again too.
Thanks.
Posted By: G_bob

Re: Champion radiator question??? - 04/19/11 09:36 PM

They're a very seldom used metric size, but don't remember which. I checked with a local aircraft supply place where I get all my normal AN fittings.
I was just looking for caps for them as I'm just running the lines to an auxilery cooler.
I'm going to end up cutting off the end of the tubing portion to get it out and have the hole in the fitting tigged over to create a cap.
© 2024 Moparts Forums