Moparts

Eddy 1406 bolt spacing C to C & throttle plate bore dia

Posted By: RapidRobert

Eddy 1406 bolt spacing C to C & throttle plate bore dia - 04/14/11 12:22 AM

Does anyone know these dimentions. I am wanting to purchase an antique manifold if this carb will fit it. I was given ~4&1/4 wide C to C and ~5&1/2" C to C front to rear on the intake bolt holes. No info on the manifold bore holes. Thank you for your time.
Posted By: patrick

Re: Eddy 1406 bolt spacing C to C & throttle plate bore dia - 04/14/11 02:28 AM

bolt spacing is standard square bore...if you have a square bore holley, measure the bolt spacing....

Re: Eddy 1406 bolt spacing C to C & throttle plate bore dia - 04/14/11 02:34 AM

It's a '58 dual quad BB intake, wondering if Eddy 1406 carbs will fit. Bolt pattern and throttle bores. Not sure what it had OE but assuming AFB
Posted By: Dunnuck Racing

Re: Eddy 1406 bolt spacing C to C & throttle plate bore dia - 04/14/11 02:48 AM

The early AFB pattern was/is narrower than the Holley squarebore pattern.Later manifolds (aftermarket) are usually drilled with both patterns.My CH-28 dual 4 barrel intake has the narrow flange pattern only.I can get a measurement in the morning if you want,or try Edelbrock's site maybe?
Keith

Re: Eddy 1406 bolt spacing C to C & throttle plate bore dia - 04/14/11 02:51 AM

Kieth let me try Edelbrocks site real quick. EDIT what carbs are you running on the ch-28? AFB's? or did you use adapters & something else MORE EDIT nothing on their site, kieth I'll check in the AM thank you for the offer to check!
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Eddy 1406 bolt spacing C to C & throttle plate bore dia - 04/14/11 02:22 PM

Quote:

It's a '58 dual quad BB intake, wondering if Eddy 1406 carbs will fit. Bolt pattern and throttle bores. Not sure what it had OE but assuming AFB

Robert I think the 58 might have used a WCFB , or is that a WFCB ??? Anyway not sure how it's pattern compares to the AFB. The Edlebrock carbs come drilled for both the early AFB pattern and the later squarebore. I can get some measurements later if no one steps up.
Posted By: Dunnuck Racing

Re: Eddy 1406 bolt spacing C to C & throttle plate bore dia - 04/14/11 03:13 PM

Okay,the pattern on this is 4 1/4 wide by 5 5/8 front to back.I would bet that is what he has also if you get him to remeasure it.
This is the inner(small) bolt pattern on the Edelbrock Performer carbs also.
I have a pair of 600 Edelbrocks on this intake.
They are drilled with this pattern,and the Holley pattern(called squarebore,but not actually square).
Picture added
Keith

Attached picture 6584584-carbpattern34.jpg

Re: Eddy 1406 bolt spacing C to C & throttle plate bore dia - 04/14/11 08:41 PM

Thanks double R and Kieth for the help/info. It's on it's way
© 2024 Moparts Forums