Moparts

Holley rebuild kit?

Posted By: 318Bruiser

Holley rebuild kit? - 05/18/08 09:06 PM

Which kit does anyone recommend for rebuilding a Holley 600 #1850? Doing a stock rebuild. Where would you recommend buying the kit from?
Posted By: rss

Re: Holley rebuild kit? - 05/18/08 09:31 PM

The Holley Part No. for the standard rebuild kit for your carb is 37-119. Summit sells them for about $22. I like to support the local shops so I just had one ordered through one of the local auto parts stores. Cost a few dollars more but I don't want to see the day that all the local guys close up shop due to internet pricing.

Good luck with your rebuild. I'm putting mine back together today.
Posted By: dogdays

Re: Holley rebuild kit? - 05/19/08 02:09 PM

Whatever kit you get be sure you get the non-stick gaskets. I got mine at Autozone because it was in stock. Probably paid $28. I put the rebuilt carb on my $500 ford pickup.

On that 1850 the rear bowl covers the metering plate. You will need a clutch head screwdriver to get the metering plate off, I think it's a #2 but be assured there is only one that fits and those screws can be a [Edited by Moparts - Keep it clean] to get out. There is a gasket that goes under the metering plate and it will get ruined when you dunk the carb in cleaner. So, you have to take the plate off.

R.
Posted By: rss

Re: Holley rebuild kit? - 05/19/08 05:32 PM

Quote:

On that 1850 the rear bowl covers the metering plate. You will need a clutch head screwdriver to get the metering plate off, I think it's a #2 but be assured there is only one that fits and those screws can be a [Edited by Moparts - Keep it clean] to get out.

I was actually able to use a small flat blade screwdriver to remove the clutch head screws without any problems and without boogering up the screws. For me, the biggest PITA was trying to buy a clutch head screwdriver.

The 37-119 kit that I referenced earlier has the non-stick (blue) gaskets in it.
Posted By: dogdays

Re: Holley rebuild kit? - 05/19/08 07:21 PM

Can't believe that I got edited! I believe that's the first time.
I used the small flat blade driver too but nearly lost one of the screws, I finally got it out with a Vice Grips! The clutch head screwdriver either came from Ace or Tool King.

I'm seriously thinking about button socket-head capscrews to replace.

R.
Posted By: 318Bruiser

Re: Holley rebuild kit? - 05/19/08 08:37 PM

Ya, a flat head screwdriver worked good for taking that off for me. I checked yesterday and the kit was only $22 which was the cheapest I seen. Hope it doesn't go up next week when I get paid.
© 2024 Moparts Forums