Moparts

sixpack and NOS...anyone tried?

Posted By: imfixinmopars426

sixpack and NOS...anyone tried? - 04/12/11 09:53 PM

i remember a nos kit that used plates on the outboards. anyone ever use one,or even know if they are even still avalible? i only would want a mild shot,just to be more of a dick. ,to the local mustang gt gang ,lol...anyone? thanks,mike

Attached picture 6581998-ebaycrap022.jpg
Posted By: Lee446

Re: sixpack and NOS...anyone tried? - 04/13/11 01:04 AM

N.O.S. makes them, I ran one for years. Using the small Super Powershot solenoids allows up to a 175 hp boost. It knocked a full second off my E.T and added 10 mph. I would hit it as soon as I hit second gear and hold it to the finish, great fun!
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: sixpack and NOS...anyone tried? - 04/13/11 01:39 AM

I went w/ the cheaper and easier on parts route....Meth injection kit. The 6-pack NOS kits are hard to find. You could use a "top shot" and mount the solenoids under lid and nobody would even know. The NOS base plate kits rase your carbs 1/2" so make sure you have the room.
Posted By: WICKD6PK

Re: sixpack and NOS...anyone tried? - 04/13/11 02:14 AM

Well as stated above nos does make the plate kits but they have to be spec ordered at least thats what they told me I think I was quoted around 900 so after some thinkin I went with a fogger system from nitrous express with a stand alone fuel system for it. I sent them the intake and had them drill and tap the manifold as well as plumb it up...they did a great job..they do have a pic of my intake on their website or if interested can send a pic of the systsm installed on my car

Re: sixpack and NOS...anyone tried? - 04/13/11 12:24 PM

here, this would work you could run one on the primary or 2 on the outboards. The 'noids could be hidden under the base plate or inside the assembly.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/NOS-05090NOS/

Attached picture 6582829-nos-05090nos_w.jpg
Posted By: imfixinmopars426

Re: sixpack and NOS...anyone tried? - 04/13/11 06:30 PM

Quote:

here, this would work you could run one on the primary or 2 on the outboards. The 'noids could be hidden under the base plate or inside the assembly.

this is interesting,and no..i dont have the room for 1/2"+ blocks..hate to drill a base,but... thanks,guys!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: sixpack and NOS...anyone tried? - 04/13/11 06:34 PM

Quote:

Quote:

this is interesting,and no..i dont have the room for 1/2"+ blocks..hate to drill a base,but... thanks,guys!

Buy a repop fiberglass one for the 'noids?!

Re: sixpack and NOS...anyone tried? - 04/13/11 06:48 PM

"Buy a repop fiberglass one for the 'noids?"!
Or buy a beat up base off of e-bay. That's what I was going to do...
Posted By: rbstroker

Re: sixpack and NOS...anyone tried? - 04/14/11 12:51 PM

I have a complete setup that I bought new and used to run on my heavy 440 six pack powered '57 Dodge Royal. Made an unbelievable difference in ET. Used a micro switch on the secondaries and an RPM switch in series with it. That tank actually ran 12.70 at 107. PM me if you may be interested in it.
© 2024 Moparts Forums