Moparts

6 pack setup

Posted By: kevinRT

6 pack setup - 04/12/11 02:08 PM

does anyone know if you can fit a 340 with a stock 6 pack setup under a rally hood? or does it only fit with aar hood, and if not how much more room does it need?/
Posted By: dOrk !

Re: 6 pack setup - 04/12/11 02:11 PM

WITH some shortie air-cleaners .....no problemO
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: 6 pack setup - 04/12/11 02:15 PM

Quote:

does anyone know if you can fit a 340 with a stock 6 pack setup under a rally hood? or does it only fit with aar hood, and if not how much more room does it need?/

Don't see why not , the 440 with a 6pak fits under the rallye hood.
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: 6 pack setup - 04/12/11 02:47 PM

Quote:

Quote:

my stock 440-6 intake a carbs barely fit under the stock 70 charger hood. It was up into the padding.
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: 6 pack setup - 04/12/11 03:24 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

my stock 440-6 intake a carbs barely fit under the stock 70 charger hood. It was up into the padding.

Jeff , yor chargers issue does not answer this question. The OP has an E body with a rallye hood, the rallye hood has a raised center. E bodies came factory installed with 440's and 6 paks. Also the 440 and the 340 used the same air cleaner base on fresh air hood cars. There will be no clearance issue with the setup the OP wants to run.

Your car , Chargers have low hood lines , but they came equipped with 6paks and hemis with oval air cleaners so it doesn't seem to be an issue , lose the hood pad
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: 6 pack setup - 04/12/11 03:28 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Jeff , yor chargers issue does not answer this question. The OP has an E body with a rallye hood, the rallye hood has a raised center. E bodies came factory installed with 440's and 6 paks. Also the 440 and the 340 used the same air cleaner base on fresh air hood cars. There will be no clearance issue with the setup the OP wants to run.

Your car , Chargers have low hood lines , but they came equipped with 6paks and hemis with oval air cleaners so it doesn't seem to be an issue , lose the hood pad

I did better I lost the hood. Had too, not a chance it fits now w/ the stage VI heads, intake spacers and 1/2 carb spacer for the meth.
His should fit under the e-body rallye hood.
Posted By: Mr340

Re: 6 pack setup - 04/12/11 03:31 PM

If you're talkin' Rallye as in 73 challenger then yes it will fit. I've had that set-up in my 73 for the last 8 or 9 years.

Attached picture 6581415-engcomp_15513277.jpg
Posted By: kevinRT

Re: 6 pack setup - 04/14/11 01:06 AM

Just to confirm, factory intakewith factory six pack and aircleaner under rally hood? by the way nice job thanks in advance
Posted By: Mr340

Re: 6 pack setup - 04/14/11 03:55 AM

Quote:

Just to confirm, factory intakewith factory six pack and aircleaner under rally hood? by the way nice job thanks in advance

intake yes, carbs yes,air cleaner base plate is a fiberglass repo (same dimemsions as factory) and rallye hood yes!
© 2024 Moparts Forums