Moparts

Calipers

Posted By: Mopar_Country

Calipers - 04/10/11 04:22 PM

74 Dart Sport front brake calipers. Does anyone know if they interchange with anything a little newer? They look similar to the ones I had on a 96 van I had, just wondering if I have any options to look for at the parts store.
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Calipers - 04/10/11 04:37 PM

the '76 A body calipers have a 2.75" bore as opposed to the 2.6 for the 73-75 A bodies for more front bias & rebuilt calipers are cheap/troublefree. Just check what they hand you to make sure you're getting a 2.75" one
Posted By: Mopar_Country

Re: Calipers - 04/10/11 04:59 PM

I can get the correct calipers, I just have to order them as the local stores don't have em in stock. So I was just wondering about interchangeability. Been working on the car for a month now and really wanted to test drive today, BUT I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow.
Posted By: roe

Re: Calipers - 04/10/11 05:02 PM

Quote:

I can get the correct calipers, I just have to order them as the local stores don't have em in stock. So I was just wondering about interchangeability. Been working on the car for a month now and really wanted to test drive today, BUT I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow.

Yeah, I was going to say most parts stores have a next day delivery on parts ordered from their hub, or another store. I know what it feels like to be itching to drive it. Wait for the correct replacements, you'll be happy you did.

roe
© 2024 Moparts Forums