Moparts

disc brake swap

Posted By: DUSTER51

disc brake swap - 04/09/11 10:50 PM

I have a 72 duster 340 with 10 inch front drum brakes I replaced them with a factory k.H. disc set up changed the lower ball joints and spindles . do I need to change the master cylinder and proportioning valve or any other parts ?
Posted By: Mapandjlp

Re: disc brake swap - 04/09/11 11:21 PM

I bought a new disc brake master cylinder and used the original drum/drum prop valve when I converted my '70 Challenger from 10" drum to manual discs. It works fine.
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: disc brake swap - 04/09/11 11:31 PM

Quote:

do I need to change the master cylinder and proportioning valve or any other parts ?

Stick a drill bit deep into the M/C brass conical seat closest to the firewall (that you hooked to the front discs) & if there's no RPV (it's spongy, you'll feel it) in there you are good. I added 74 A discs/10" rear drums to a '65 dart that had OE 4 wheel 9" drums & kept the OE drum splitter & no probs. (proportioning is OK & no excessive front pad wear). Not the way it is recommended but I was in a hurry & didn't want to mess w reflaring lines at the time so I didn't know what to expect
Posted By: therocks

Re: disc brake swap - 04/10/11 12:58 PM

Just get a master for a 69 or so C body with discs.Ive done several and never any problems.I run one on my 65 B and my kids 62 300.Rocky
© 2024 Moparts Forums