Moparts

1995 Stratus lower control change?

Posted By: nd65

1995 Stratus lower control change? - 04/09/11 04:18 PM

My 95 Stratus needs a right front lower ball joint and lower control arm bushing replaced.

I saw Rock Auto has complete lower arms with bushings and ball joints for about $80.

How difficult are these arms to replace? Can it be done at home without special tools? Will the strut be an issue during the swap?

I appreciate any tips.

Thanks,
Posted By: mod381

Re: 1995 Stratus lower control change? - 04/09/11 04:42 PM

They are not hard to do,the hardest part will be the sway bar link as long as the bolts are not rusted in.
Posted By: Todd

Re: 1995 Stratus lower control change? - 04/09/11 06:31 PM

Quote:

They are not hard to do,the hardest part will be the sway bar link as long as the bolts are not rusted in.

Save yourself the head ache and get the new sway bar links while your at it. I don't think I've ever had any come apart without having to cut or use heat.

Re: 1995 Stratus lower control change? - 04/09/11 10:05 PM

Yeah, I was going to do the link to. It looks like there is a front lower and rear lower bolt and the ball joint and sway bar link. Will the strut/spring assembly come into to play at all.

I have removed/installed the control arms on my 65 and this looks doable. I have an impact.

Thanks,
Posted By: moretoys

Re: 1995 Stratus lower control change? - 04/10/11 12:37 AM

No problem/issues with the strut.As long as it's not broken.it has no problem.it is self contained.Also when tightening the rubber control arm bolts.tighten them at/near ride height.Tighten them with arm hanging down,will put extra strain on bushings since they won't be riding @ relaxed stress.Won't have a problem right away,but they could fail prematurely.The strut should not give you anything to be concerned about.

Re: 1995 Stratus lower control change? - 04/11/11 01:04 PM

Thanks guys!!
© 2024 Moparts Forums