Moparts

Doug's D453 Headers Ceramic Coating

Posted By: davesdartgt

Doug's D453 Headers Ceramic Coating - 04/08/11 04:56 PM

Does anyone have an idea how long the ceramic coating will last on Doug's headers?

I'm picking up a set from Jeg's tomorrow & would like to know about other people's experiences with Doug's headers.
Posted By: Kern Dog

Re: Doug's D453 Headers Ceramic Coating - 04/08/11 06:00 PM

I think that the part # is actually 452. Nevertheless, the ceramic coatings on most of the higher end headers are pretty good. I wouldnt expect them to withstand repeated smacks with a pick axe, but they will tolerate some nicks here and there. They may discolor if your engine runs hot or lean though. The color dulls out and its not consistant throughout the header.
Posted By: NV69B7RR

Re: Doug's D453 Headers Ceramic Coating - 04/08/11 06:19 PM

Make sure your engine is tuned right before installing them if possible. I "baked" my coating off when I broke my engine in and it was lean. They are dull flat silver now.
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Doug's D453 Headers Ceramic Coating - 04/08/11 07:19 PM

They sure look great when new. I haven't run these yet so I don't know about the life. But I do have another set of older headers which are coated and even after 10 years they still look really nice.

Attached picture 6575059-dougsp.jpg
Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Re: Doug's D453 Headers Ceramic Coating - 04/09/11 01:45 AM

I still am tuning my engine engine with the D452's and the front tubes are getting dull.I will be jetting up this season because know I am still too lean just by reading the plugs.I think If I had it fat enough at first my tubes would still be shiny as the other tubes
Gus

Attached picture 6575612-burnoutpicturegus.JPG
Posted By: Cudajon

Re: Doug's D453 Headers Ceramic Coating - 04/09/11 02:09 AM

Heres Mine. I am very disappointed.

[image][/image]
© 2024 Moparts Forums