VIN#

Posted By: Roger 68 Charger

VIN# - 04/05/11 01:24 PM

I was looking at the VIN# on my 70 cuda and the first two #s are RS--

When I looked this up the R stands for Belvedere/satelite --Is this

right?
Posted By: hemi68charger

Re: VIN# - 04/05/11 01:29 PM

Are you sure? You may wanna take a closer look.. The "R" and "B" may be very similiar. Do you have the fender tag for the car? If so, does the Seq# (last 6 digits) match the 6 digits on the bottom row, right side of the tag?
Posted By: wasacuda

Re: VIN# - 04/05/11 02:31 PM

FACTORY VIN MISPRINTS DO HAPPEN. I HAVE HAS A FEW OVER THE YEARS. I JUST SOLD A 71 CHALLENGER R/T WITH A VIN BOO BOO. IT WAS JS23HIB INSTEAD OF JS23H1B.
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: VIN# - 04/05/11 02:36 PM

Quote:

FACTORY VIN MISPRINTS DO HAPPEN. I HAVE HAS A FEW OVER THE YEARS. I JUST SOLD A 71 CHALLENGER R/T WITH A VIN BOO BOO. IT WAS JS23HIB INSTEAD OF JS23H1B.

what's that ??? I CAN'T HEAR YOU ???

That I can see but putting RS on a BS when they were not built at the same plant ... more than likely ... ????
Posted By: Crocker

Re: VIN# - 04/05/11 03:48 PM

the last 6 digits of your vin is stamped (1)on the top of the cowl, near the drivers side wiper post and (2)in the radiator mount yoke. If the numbers match, you most likely got a misprint in the vin tag
Posted By: Roger 68 Charger

Re: VIN# - 04/05/11 04:40 PM

I could not read the fender tag so I pulled it off to look at the back side and the last 6#s of the VIN match the numbers on the lower right of the fender tag

I found the title and the VIN# starts with a RS and has 1970 Plymouth Satalite I called the Sec Of State and they said If I bring down the car and all the #s match they can change it to say Cuda

When I get home I will have to check the cowl and see if I can find the #s

I Have had the car for 18 yrs and been in storage for the last 14--when I bought the car I didnt think about ckecking any #s--all I remember was that I was getting a 70 CUDA
Posted By: buildanother

Re: VIN# - 04/05/11 05:18 PM

That may be a drag getting that straightened out. I sold a car out of state last year that had a title typo,(6th digit year code showed a "Z" instead of the correct "2") so I had to go to sec of state a couple of times, and they had tracked it down to a mistake by the currency exchange I transferred at 3 years prior. So it was kindof my fault for not catching it.
Posted By: CarelianCuda

Re: VIN# - 04/09/11 06:14 PM

Quote:

I found the title and the VIN# starts with a RS and has 1970 Plymouth Satalite

It's not a Satellite, it's a GTX.
That means at only possible engine codes are U, V and R
Also assembly plant code is different than E-body, as earlier mentioned.
So it's quite easy to see is it misprint or GTX title, at least after you find the cowl numbers
© 2024 Moparts Forums