Moparts

Challenger rear sway-bar option?

Posted By: EvilScamp

Challenger rear sway-bar option? - 04/02/11 06:24 PM

70/71 Challenger rear sway-bar was this an option? Rare or common if they were available?
Posted By: ahy

Re: Challenger rear sway-bar option? - 04/02/11 11:06 PM

I believe it was installed on the AAR. I would say rare. Firm Feel reproduces a factory style rear bar.
Posted By: AutoEngineer

Re: Challenger rear sway-bar option? - 04/02/11 11:17 PM

Also installed on the T/A Challenger and later as an options for other Challengers. So not a common option on the 70/71's
Posted By: EvilScamp

Re: Challenger rear sway-bar option? - 04/03/11 01:49 AM

Thanks for the replies guys, i asked because i recently ran across one and i had never seen one before.
The brackets are bolted to the frame and not welded so i'm trying to figure out if it's original or an aftermarket, it looks like it has been on the car for at least 20 years if not alot longer.
Posted By: 1_WILD_RT

Re: Challenger rear sway-bar option? - 04/03/11 02:43 AM

Sway bar brackets bolt to the frame, four bolts per side the bracket forms a "C" around the frame rail... They aren't as rare as this thread makes them seem... After a certain production date all cars with rally suspension (all 340's & all R/T's) were supposed to get the rear bar.. There should also be a plate sandwiched between the axle & the spring that the links attach to...
Posted By: rave_12000

Re: Challenger rear sway-bar option? - 04/03/11 03:47 AM

mounting plates are getting more difficult to find. actual sway bar is easy to find.
Posted By: JDMopar

Re: Challenger rear sway-bar option? - 04/03/11 02:32 PM

I don't know how rare they actually are, but my 70 340 Challenger (A66)came with one.
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Challenger rear sway-bar option? - 04/03/11 04:11 PM

Quote:

mounting plates are getting more difficult to find. actual sway bar is easy to find.

Yep. I've got a bar, let the plates get away.
© 2024 Moparts Forums