Moparts

shop compressor/ air dryers?

Posted By: Casey

shop compressor/ air dryers? - 09/14/08 01:19 AM

I have a 7.5 horse two stage compressor in my backyard shop. I was thinking of installing a refrigerated air line dryer. Any suggestions on a brand or model. Years a go a friend had an Airboy unit that he liked, but I was wondering if there were any other more current and preferred models out there? Thanks
Posted By: Jerry

Re: shop compressor/ air dryers? - 09/14/08 03:03 AM

i just installed a harbor freight unit at my shop. great little machine. will handle 21 cfm at about 120 psi. i don't remember the specs exactly but i have never seen my lines dryer and the cnc's have never run better.
Posted By: mdwyer

Re: shop compressor/ air dryers? - 09/15/08 03:52 AM

www.eatoncompressor.com

good units

Re: shop compressor/ air dryers? - 09/16/08 03:42 AM

Mike, Have you used the Eaton yourself? How long has it been in service? Any troubles? Thanks
Posted By: babarracuda

Re: shop compressor/ air dryers? - 09/16/08 11:42 AM

I have an Eaton compressor. In the 3 years I've had it, it has worked flawlessly. I have the 7.5 HP/3 cylinder. The only time it runs continuously is when I use a sand blaster.
Posted By: RestoRick

Re: shop compressor/ air dryers? - 09/16/08 12:21 PM

I have an Eaton refrigerated air dryer...
it operates flawlessly.
The air dryer is about the best addition you can make to a compressed air system; all my water traps stay dry, even on the most hot & humid days running a pressure fed blaster for hours !!

As for the Eaton compressor... it puts out a lot of air, great bang for the buck. My only complaint is that the compressor pump has crankcase venting issues... mine (& a friend's two as well) blows oil around badly.
I was told they're supposed to have a different style vent now that has helped the problem some, but not completely fixed it.

Rick
Posted By: mdwyer

Re: shop compressor/ air dryers? - 09/16/08 03:35 PM

we beat the crap out of our equipment (Eaton) here in the hangar. Been in service for years NO issues at all. Great products (compressors and dryers).

mike
Posted By: xghobo

Re: shop compressor/ air dryers? - 09/16/08 03:59 PM

Quote:

www.eatoncompressor.com

good units

I cannot agree more. Great units and even greater customer service. Thanks to all on this board that pointed me in that direction.

Re: shop compressor/ air dryers? - 09/16/08 11:16 PM

Thanks for your help guys. The Eaton unit sounds like a winner and the price is descent as well. Where do they recommend to install one of these units? Right out of the compressor or down the line just a bit? May have to pour another pad next to the compressor and build a larger shelter.
© 2024 Moparts Forums