Moparts

stupid is stupid does

Posted By: cmg

stupid is stupid does - 03/27/11 05:07 PM

header driver side 1.7/8 pass side 1 3/4 will this hurt motor in any way?? rb 493 ez head 63 dodge i cant find a header for this combo that doesnt cost 800$$ angled plugs hot starters melted shift cables hammer for tbars anyone know of a brand that will work?? maybe fenderwells
Posted By: SV_MOPARS

Re: stupid is stupid does - 03/27/11 05:11 PM

i would try doug's, they are the best fitting header, tti's, the doug's ain't cheap, but are less than tti's.
Posted By: 383man

Re: stupid is stupid does - 03/27/11 06:08 PM

I am building the same eng for my 63 a Indy EZ headed 493. I bought the TTI 2" headers for $691. which are just the nickle coated. But we have nickle coated CPPA headers we bought in 1997 on my sons Dart and they are still holding up good. They do have a little surface rust starting in some area's but nothing bad. And my brother runs the same 2" TTI's on his 64 Ply which he said was no problem installing. I hope to have my 493 ready in a month to drop in. Ron
Posted By: Kern Dog

Re: stupid is stupid does - 03/27/11 07:28 PM

From my understanding, many exhaust manifolds had different flow rates and THOSE engines seemed to run fine. Take a look at just about any performance Mopar setup: The big block Magnums for one. The left side surely seems to be less restrictive than the right. The 340 manifolds look the opposite to me. The right side of the 68-71 models seems like a cast iron header while the left looks like a larger volume 318 piece.
Posted By: meepmeep70

Re: stupid is stupid does - 03/27/11 11:24 PM

Quote:

i would try doug's, they are the best fitting header, tti's, the doug's ain't cheap, but are less than tti's.

ceremic coated DOUG'S 500 delivered from summit,best fitting header i have ever had,never even scratched the paint installing
Posted By: redmist

Re: stupid is stupid does - 03/28/11 12:23 AM

Another vote for Dougs!!

Fit my E-head angle to the dangle spark plugs also!!
Posted By: Dads426

Re: stupid is stupid does - 03/28/11 01:27 AM

If you put a 66 & later K-frame in it any 66 & later B&E body header will fit. They are pretty inexpensive. You will have to modify the tranny mount since it moves the engine back 1.5", hammer the pinch weld in the tunnel, a little hammering for the 727 servo and you can't run the crossram without firewall surgery, but it works. Picked up a 72 K-frame on ebay for $60 that I used on the 64 Plymouth.

Attached picture 6553166-64PlyEngine.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums