Moparts

Who sells NEW throttle cables?

Posted By: Kern Dog

Who sells NEW throttle cables? - 03/27/11 11:08 AM

I need a new cable for my 1970 Charger. The original one was for the original 318. I now have a 493 with a tall RPM intake. The old cable worked fine for awhile but now will sometimes allow the carb to stick WIDE OPEN. Not good.
Posted By: TX9H6E4CUDA

Re: Who sells NEW throttle cables? - 03/27/11 11:41 AM

Are you looking for a factory type one or a aftermarket one? I know napa sells them other wise I bought mine off ebay. It was good quality and fit perfect. Another option is manicini
Posted By: therocks

Re: Who sells NEW throttle cables? - 03/27/11 12:08 PM

Find a /6 and use that cable.I have one on my 65.Had to mod the end to fit the 65 pedal but its more than long enough for the M1 intake and Dominator carb.On the later pedal it will slip right in.Rocky
Posted By: Dodgeguy101

Re: Who sells NEW throttle cables? - 03/27/11 03:18 PM

I got mine from Oreilly's. Precision makes them and come in 3 lengths. I also had to get a longer one for the indy intake.
Posted By: Fab64

Re: Who sells NEW throttle cables? - 03/27/11 03:32 PM

Quote:

Find a /6 and use that cable.I have one on my 65.Had to mod the end to fit the 65 pedal but its more than long enough for the M1 intake and Dominator carb.On the later pedal it will slip right in.Rocky

The slant 6 cables came in different lengths, depending on whether it had a 1 bbl or 2 bbl (1 bbl is longer). Imperial Services makes a very nice cable, but you have to know what length you need:

Imperial Services

Re: Who sells NEW throttle cables? - 03/27/11 07:32 PM

Thanks guys!
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Who sells NEW throttle cables? - 03/27/11 07:43 PM

Some throttle cables are still available from your local Dodge dealer.

Re: Who sells NEW throttle cables? - 03/27/11 08:06 PM

REALLY???
That would be amazing!
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Who sells NEW throttle cables? - 03/27/11 10:59 PM

Last time I checked, the /6 cables were no longer available new from the dealer but some pickup cables were. The pickup throttle cable was basically the same as the /6 passenger car cable.
© 2024 Moparts Forums