Moparts

spark plug wires

Posted By: Tinman761

spark plug wires - 03/27/11 04:49 AM

Hello everyone, I am looking for period correct or date coded wires that won'tbreak the bank, thanks, joe
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: spark plug wires - 03/27/11 07:49 AM

Is that for a new car or a old one
Posted By: 05dakota

Re: spark plug wires - 03/28/11 02:56 AM

i never seen a date coded wire that is even reasonably priced
Posted By: sthemi

Re: spark plug wires - 03/28/11 05:54 AM

Most parts stores can order black wires for the popular cars/ engines. Just go back a few years when there was no electronic ignition avialable. (pre 71 for most Mopars)
Posted By: Jim_S

Re: spark plug wires - 03/28/11 09:57 AM

$85 but one of the best guys you will ever deal with. I'm assuming you are talking about a old Mopar. http://www.amhightechauto.com/
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: spark plug wires - 03/28/11 03:08 PM

Quote:

Hello everyone, I am looking for period correct or date coded wires that won't break the bank, thanks, joe

Good luck, let us know how you make it. It costs the manufacturer MONEY to be able to put CHRYSLER and the pentastar on that wire.

What do you consider PERIOD correct , didn't they have YELLOW Accel wires back in the day ?
Posted By: GomangoCuda

Re: spark plug wires - 03/28/11 04:58 PM

Quote:

What do you consider PERIOD correct , didn't they have YELLOW Accel wires back in the day ?

depends on how far back Period Correct is. Before the Accels we used red Packard wires. Of coarse we bought it cheap by the spool from the plant that made it a few miles from where I grew up. A friend of mine still has some of that wire and has used it to make wires for about 40 years.
© 2024 Moparts Forums