Moparts

Fuel Pressure Regulator

Posted By: wtucker

Fuel Pressure Regulator - 03/25/11 06:10 PM

I have a 73 Cuda and want to install a return style fuel pressue regulator. Where would I connect the return line to the fuel tank? My sending unit only has 1 line. Is there more than 1 vent tube I could use?
Posted By: 71Plym

Re: Fuel Pressure Regulator - 03/25/11 07:02 PM

My sending unit had a small (1/4" ?) tube that I removed and opened up for a return line. Regardless, you can drill a hole in the sending unit next to the pickup line and install the return line.
Posted By: rattler

Re: Fuel Pressure Regulator - 03/26/11 03:34 AM

Just so i am thinking right, the regulator has 1 inlet, 1 outlet, and another outlet on the bottom for fuel return, right?
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Fuel Pressure Regulator - 03/26/11 05:36 PM

Quote:

Just so i am thinking right, the regulator has 1 inlet, 1 outlet, and another outlet on the bottom for fuel return, right?

Probally wrong one inlet, two outlets(Holley carbs ) and one return What brand are you thinking of using? I have several two outlets and several four port outlets, one with a return output Inlet on the bottom, outlets and returns on the top. I like to use the bypass from the pump instead of adding another fuel line from the tank to the regulator and taking another risk of leaks and fires
Posted By: rattler

Re: Fuel Pressure Regulator - 03/27/11 02:26 PM

I looked at an old one in the shop and saw that the inlet is on the bottom and both ends were outlets. So, can i use one of the outlets for a return line?If not, how is the best way to run a return to tank? The pump only has inlet and outlet.

Attached picture 6552102-Oldtruck.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums