Moparts

Exhaust- gas odor in cabin of newer Charger at idle

Posted By: 68Bullit

Exhaust- gas odor in cabin of newer Charger at idle - 03/23/11 03:45 AM

2011 Charger HO 3.5L. Got a bad odor of what smells mostly like unburnt fuel or partially burnt exhaust that is finding it's way in the cabin on warmer days when the car is idling with the A/C on. It's pretty bad actually and unquestionably something that is making it's way inside the car.

It only seems to happen on warmer days during the afternoon hours when the temperatures get up to around 70+ degrees. And even though I only notice it when the a/c is on in the car, I can smell it when I first approach the car from the outside before I even open up the door, then it is equally as strong on the inside (if the car is idling for several minutes). Once I turn off the a/c it still kinda radiates around the outside of the car when standing close on the outside?

Anybody else have this problem or has Dodge issued anything on this yet?
Posted By: AeroMonte

Re: Exhaust- gas odor in cabin of newer Charger at idle - 03/23/11 12:42 PM

My wife drives a Cobalt and had something similar. There was a recall for the seal on top of the fuel tank. Fumes were strong outside the car and were being pulled in throught the vents with the blower motor running. I'd say take it to the dealer and let them figure it out. They might have seen other similar problems and have a fix.
© 2024 Moparts Forums