Moparts

low volume fuel pump needed....

Posted By: JonsGottaDusta

low volume fuel pump needed.... - 03/22/11 02:24 AM

I am looking for a recommendation for a low volume fuel pump for a EFI setup I am working on right now.

I checked Summit and the only listing I can find is like a $180 low volume pump. I already have a high volume Walboro and hoping to get a good recommendation on the low volume one.

Thanks for your help!

Craig
Posted By: ahy

Re: low volume fuel pump needed.... - 03/22/11 02:28 AM

Are you using them together? Does one feed a reservoir (low pressure) and the other the fuel rail? Or are they in paralell with one kicking on at high load (both high pressure)?

Re: low volume fuel pump needed.... - 03/22/11 02:43 AM

Quote:

Are you using them together? Does one feed a reservoir (low pressure) and the other the fuel rail?

The low pressure pump would be fueling a 1qt. sump, which would then be feeding the Walbro 255lph high pressure pump.

Re: low volume fuel pump needed.... - 03/22/11 02:49 AM

For the low pressure side, any good carb pump should work. The Holly blue pump is $135 at Mancini and there are lots of other choices.

Sounds like an interesting system... is it a pre-made reservoir or your own fabrication?

Re: low volume fuel pump needed.... - 03/22/11 03:15 AM

We're actually doing a homemade deal, somewhat.

It'll be feeding this commercial-grade fuel filter, which has a 1qt. capacity. Learned about this recipe on a Ford forum.
Posted By: JonGottaDemonDad

Re: low volume fuel pump needed.... - 03/22/11 03:17 AM

We purchased this adapter from summit...

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/TRD-1028/

and added the napa gold fuel filter.

Craig

Attached picture 6542715-2011-03-2119.03.49(2).jpg
Posted By: DaytonaTurbo

Re: low volume fuel pump needed.... - 03/22/11 03:45 AM

That thing holds one quart?

Anyway, a holley pump would be a good choice, but there are many choices for performance carb fuel pumps. If your reservoir tank was mounted up front, you could even use a high volume mechanical pump. I'd think you'd want to make sure the low pressure pump was higher volume than the high pressure pump. Wouldn't want to starve the high pressure pump during WOT because your low pressure pump couldn't keep the reservoir full. I would also do a return line from your 1 quart fuel reservoir to keep it full of cool circulated fuel but not sure if that's doable with your filter/reservoir.

Re: low volume fuel pump needed.... - 03/22/11 04:10 AM

So low pressure fuel feeds the filter and the high pressure pump draws from the filter? Is there return from the filter (low pressure fuel) common with the high pressure return? Does the high pressure return go back in the filter?

If the low pressure pump only has to keep up with net fuel consumed agree a standard mechanical pump may be perfect... and cheap and simple.
© 2024 Moparts Forums