Moparts

Will 14" fit MPBrakes/11" brake kit?

Posted By: 6o4o

Will 14" fit MPBrakes/11" brake kit? - 03/21/11 10:27 PM

Does anyone know if a 14" Magnum wheel from a 68 b-body does clear the 11" disc brake setup (slider calipers) as used on the Mpbrakes?
MpBrakes says yes, but I guess they are just too lazy and don't wanna risk anything so they just say no. Did any already test that?

Thank you
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Will 14" fit MPBrakes/11" brake kit? - 03/22/11 03:13 AM

Quote:

Does anyone know if a 14" Magnum wheel from a 68 b-body does clear the 11" disc brake setup (slider calipers) as used on the Mpbrakes?
MpBrakes says yes, but I guess they are just too lazy and don't wanna risk anything so they just say no. Did any already test that?

Thank you

14" wheels came standard on Mopars thruout the 70's with the single piston slider caliper setup ... if that helps.
Posted By: ahy

Re: Will 14" fit MPBrakes/11" brake kit? - 03/22/11 04:31 AM

Did MP brakes say yes or no? I couldn't tell. I believe the answer should be yes with 14" wheels intended for disc brakes. The factory made them that way. I'd check the disk brake articles on the Mopar Action web site - I believe they address this. As I remember, 11 3/4 requires 15' wheels but 11" can work with 14 in wheels. The MA article may give some specifics on which wheels work.

You might also ask MP Brakes if they can supply a template to cut out which shows (to scale) the outline of their setup to check against a specific set of wheels.
Posted By: 6o4o

Re: Will 14" fit MPBrakes/11" brake kit? - 03/22/11 07:48 AM

MpBrakes said no.. but on their site they also write that almost all 14" don't fit!
But they also hang all calipers to the rear although many cars would work BETTER with them on the front.. I think they just don't wanna take any risks and are too lazy to care with unhappy customers where things don't fit so they always say no.

That was also my thought... but then a 68 rim is maybe different than one from the 70's?

I will try to measure my 11.75" today... on the moparaction site you don't find m any infos but the bracket different. the 10.97" uses 3-1/4" and the 11.75" 3-5/8". Difference is 0.375" so I should have more than this space between caliper and rim, although I think the space is less on the 11.75" with the 15" I got! So that would mean that the 11" doesn't fit...
Posted By: DoctorDiff

Re: Will 14" fit MPBrakes/11" brake kit? - 03/22/11 03:57 PM

14" Magnums fit '73 and newer OEM A/B/E-body disc brakes, as well as the repro kits.
© 2024 Moparts Forums