Moparts

Polyurethane motor mounts for a 65 Satellite

Posted By: 85_Ram_4speed

Polyurethane motor mounts for a 65 Satellite - 03/21/11 12:36 AM

Wondering If anyone makes Polyurethane motor mounts for a 65 satellite? I looked on Summit and only saw rubber ones.
Posted By: DaytonaTurbo

Re: Polyurethane motor mounts for a 65 Satellite - 03/21/11 12:39 AM

Did you check out the schumacher website engine-swaps.com ? I think they sell poly stock replacement mounts.
Posted By: therocks

Re: Polyurethane motor mounts for a 65 Satellite - 03/21/11 12:41 AM

I got mine from Steve at Imperial Services.Motor and tranny mounts.Mine have been in for 4 years.My kid runs them in his 61 300 also.His are probally 9 years old.Rocky

Re: Polyurethane motor mounts for a 65 Satellite - 03/21/11 02:21 AM

HOLY!!! $170 shipped!!?? WOW! I know that is a niche market but thats not what I was expecting. I was figuring about $80. Oh well, thanks for the link, and FYI, Schumacher is getting them from Imperial Services.
Posted By: Stanton

Re: Polyurethane motor mounts for a 65 Satellite - 03/21/11 03:38 AM

I'm blown away by the price too! What does polyurethane offer over a rubber mount ?? If its only longevity then who cares on a 1000 mile per year car ? Mancini's carry them all and have a "Magmount" set for $55. but I don't know anything about those.
Posted By: DaytonaTurbo

Re: Polyurethane motor mounts for a 65 Satellite - 03/21/11 04:34 AM

Are the mancini mounts the positive locking type so you can't pull the engine bracket out of the mount like stock? I'd sooner just run a stock mount with a chain before spending all that money.
Posted By: Dan Brewer

Re: Polyurethane motor mounts for a 65 Satellite - 03/21/11 04:39 AM

Quote:

Wondering If anyone makes Polyurethane motor mounts for a 65 satellite? I looked on Summit and only saw rubber ones.

http://www.brewersperformance.com/products.asp?cat=94
Brewer's has the auto and the 4-speed version.
Posted By: therocks

Re: Polyurethane motor mounts for a 65 Satellite - 03/21/11 11:27 AM

The poly mounts dont rip out.My 65 with the 440 tore the DS about every month.The pass side did better.Since I installed the polys no more torn mounts.Rocky

Re: Polyurethane motor mounts for a 65 Satellite - 03/21/11 11:33 AM

Quote:

Quote:

http://www.brewersperformance.com/products.asp?cat=94
Brewer's has the auto and the 4-speed version.

Thanks but thats the trans mount

It looks like Imperial has the market on these as that is what Mancini is selling too. They are not for me, I have a gentlemans 383 here I am redoing and he asked about the mounts before it goes into the car. Needless to say even though he gave me the go ahead initially, I will call him to see if he still wants to get them. The ones that came out of the car are about 5-7 years old but are extremely oil soaked. I am wondering if something else would fit in there, my stock ones on my '85 pickup are interlocking but are rubber. Will have to look into that....
Posted By: Joesixpack

Re: Polyurethane motor mounts for a 65 Satellite - 03/23/11 08:35 PM

if you want new USA Made original rubber types here ya go $50
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NORS-MoPa...sQ5fAccessories
© 2024 Moparts Forums