Moparts

Fuel/Brake Lines

Posted By: Mopar_Country

Fuel/Brake Lines - 03/20/11 07:20 PM

I am going to put frame connectors in my Dart Sport and the fuel line is in the way on one side and brake line on the other. Is there a good source for a fuel line so I can reroute it along the inside of the frame connector when completed? Same with the brake line.
Posted By: Mr T2U

Re: Fuel/Brake Lines - 03/20/11 07:24 PM

if the car is going to the track i don't think it will pass tech if you run a line inside a frame rail. i may be wrong though.

if your are going to splice the line almost any parts store has steel and aluminum lines.

Re: Fuel/Brake Lines - 03/20/11 07:28 PM

I'm not running it inside the frame rail, I want to route it along the frame connector on the inside surface versus the outer surface.

I would rather not splice if I don't have to.
Posted By: dOc !

Re: Fuel/Brake Lines - 03/20/11 07:35 PM

LET ME ADD .... is there any place you can get steel brake-lines in larger rolls than 25 feet ?
Posted By: NITROUSN

Re: Fuel/Brake Lines - 03/20/11 07:49 PM

Quote:

I am going to put frame connectors in my Dart Sport and the fuel line is in the way on one side and brake line on the other. Is there a good source for a fuel line so I can reroute it along the inside of the frame connector when completed? Same with the brake line.

Its almost impossible to pull the lines through. I would install new lines first and depending on the connectors you can slot them to go over the lines. My connectors us car tool had slots in them. I painted the car first so now I will have to cut and flare in order to get them in.

Re: Fuel/Brake Lines - 03/20/11 08:15 PM

Again, I am not running the line inside of the connector, I am running it along the outside on the inner side of the connector. I thought about notching the connector, I don't like the idea but I may have to.
Posted By: 05dakota

Re: Fuel/Brake Lines - 03/20/11 11:32 PM

i believe that was they met that doesnt meet tech if its raced

Quote:

Again, I am not running the line inside of the connector, I am running it along the outside on the inner side of the connector. I thought about notching the connector, I don't like the idea but I may have to.

© 2024 Moparts Forums