Moparts

pushrod length

Posted By: challengermike

pushrod length - 03/20/11 06:01 PM

If you go with a .018 thinner headgasket could you still get away with the same pushrods on a hydraulic lifter engine?
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: pushrod length - 03/20/11 06:26 PM

Yes, you're OK

Re: pushrod length - 03/20/11 06:45 PM

i figured it would be but i thought i should just ask though.
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: pushrod length - 03/20/11 06:57 PM

I totally agree, every detail is worth checking, being meticulous adds up will get you to the finish line faster than the next who isn't
Posted By: lokalik

Re: pushrod length - 03/20/11 07:53 PM

Quote:

If you go with a .018 thinner headgasket could you still get away with the same pushrods on a hydraulic lifter engine?

which head gaskets will you be using?

Re: pushrod length - 03/20/11 08:52 PM

Its for a buick grand national engine.but its still the same setup as the mopars with non adjustable rockers.i asked a few questions over at the buicks sites but it seems to be a ghost town over there,lol.
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: pushrod length - 03/20/11 08:57 PM

Quote:

DEPENDS , how much are the lifters already compressed from any head and/or block cutting that has already been done , assuming you have stock length pushrods.

Re: pushrod length - 03/20/11 09:05 PM

Its all stock now.i just wanted to bump the compression up alittle and since im pulling the heads to have them redone.
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: pushrod length - 03/20/11 09:07 PM

Quote:

Its all stock now.i just wanted to bump the compression up alittle and since im pulling the heads to have them redone.

Before you pull the rockers with the intake off see if you can see how much the lifters cups are preloaded.

Re: pushrod length - 03/20/11 09:11 PM

sounds like a good idea,i will look and see.
Posted By: MoparforLife

Re: pushrod length - 03/20/11 09:21 PM

usually you will not have a problem with a change like that. Hydraulic lifters have a lot of forgiveness built in. I would be very surprised if you were to have a problem.
© 2024 Moparts Forums