Moparts

HELP! 06 Ram 4.7 won't start

Posted By: wedgeheaded

HELP! 06 Ram 4.7 won't start - 03/20/11 11:51 AM

I drove my truck home from work last evening, just like always. Got in it this morning and it started but shut back down, just as it was speeding up. I cranked it a few time and it did the same. I went in to get keys for my sons truck and tried again as I walked by. It did the same thing as before. My first thought was fuel, but I have plenty. Next thought was fuel pump, but I'm leaning more to electrical now that I've thought about it. It acted like the switch had been turned off. Any thoughts?
Posted By: Todd

Re: HELP! 06 Ram 4.7 won't start - 03/20/11 12:44 PM

Sounds like the wireless control module is bad. It's part of the security. Is there a red light flashing in the instrument cluster when thes happens?
Posted By: wedgeheaded

Re: HELP! 06 Ram 4.7 won't start - 03/20/11 01:00 PM

Quote:

Sounds like the wireless control module is bad. It's part of the security. Is there a red light flashing in the instrument cluster when thes happens?

Didn't notice it but I was late for work and jumped in my sons truck and left. I didn't have much time to trouble shoot it. I thought I might have my son do the key twist thing to see if it shows any codes.
Posted By: pro6pakRR

Re: HELP! 06 Ram 4.7 won't start - 03/21/11 03:20 AM

My 04 did the same thing the battery was low.
© 2024 Moparts Forums