Moparts

72 Road Runner Body Plug and Bumper location

Posted By: RRGTX72

72 Road Runner Body Plug and Bumper location - 03/20/11 03:17 AM

Is there a website or book out that tells you where all the body plugs go and body bumpers go? I have got most of them replaced, but I am not sure where the rest of them go. Thanks moparts!
Posted By: BEINGmeISaCRIME

Re: 72 Road Runner Body Plug and Bumper location - 03/20/11 05:21 AM

Hmm... I can't say for certain but, the factory service manual might have the locations. That or the chassis service manual.
Posted By: DANA60

Re: 72 Road Runner Body Plug and Bumper location - 03/20/11 03:08 PM

I've never seen one, the plugs you can pretty much tell be size, the bumper one is by memory and checking someone elses work.

Attached picture 6539656-IMG_2775_1_1.JPG

Re: 72 Road Runner Body Plug and Bumper location - 03/20/11 08:07 PM

That is what I was afraid of. I have all the shop manuals and couldn't find anything. Can any one take pics of where there Body Bumpers are located? You can pm me here or send an email to magbyus@yahoo.com. Thanks for all the help.
Posted By: DANA60

Re: 72 Road Runner Body Plug and Bumper location - 03/20/11 09:08 PM

The thing is the car above was just taken apart to be redone. If you seperate the different bumpers I can help you out if you send pics to ask. The under hood ones are one group, then the door ones. The little ones are for gas tank/lic plate, other small ones are for the glove box. There are less actually on these years then on say a 68 (no trunk or cowl ones).

Re: 72 Road Runner Body Plug and Bumper location - 03/22/11 04:12 AM

Quote:

The thing is the car above was just taken apart to be redone. If you seperate the different bumpers I can help you out if you send pics to ask. The under hood ones are one group, then the door ones. The little ones are for gas tank/lic plate, other small ones are for the glove box. There are less actually on these years then on say a 68 (no trunk or cowl ones).

Here are the pics of the bumpers in question. I will just lign up the holes on the plugs. Thanks for the help.

Attached picture 6542825-002.JPG
Posted By: Ron_M

Re: 72 Road Runner Body Plug and Bumper location - 03/22/11 06:09 AM

SWAG two on extreme right **look** to be (underhood)fender mounted, driver and passenger side. You should see 1 inch slots on the fenders, under the hood. 3rd from right I believe is hood bumper, (mounts underside of hood) in the center by the cowl screens. smaller ones on the left could be glovebox, ashtray, or license plate fuel door. Hope this helps (assuming I'm right)
Posted By: 72roadrunnergtx

Re: 72 Road Runner Body Plug and Bumper location - 03/22/11 07:03 AM

Taller of the three round bumpers goes in the middle.

Re: 72 Road Runner Body Plug and Bumper location - 03/22/11 04:09 PM

Thanks for the pics and the help. That helps tremendously!
Posted By: RonP

Re: 72 Road Runner Body Plug and Bumper location - 03/22/11 04:57 PM

I just went through this and didn't get a lot of responses but did a lot of internet searching.
from left, 2 of those three are for the license plate, then of the three big obes, the two smallers are for the rear corners of the hood and the longer in the middle and tehn the last two do go in the slots in the fenders.
Posted By: PLUM BAD

Re: 72 Road Runner Body Plug and Bumper location - 03/24/11 03:56 AM

The small bumpers. Two go on the rear bumper for the license plate bracket and one on the front license plate bracket.

© 2024 Moparts Forums