Moparts

Lifter hole vs no hole

Posted By: Wolfe440

Lifter hole vs no hole - 03/16/11 07:25 AM

I have a set of Comp Cams lifters for a big block, I noticed in the cup where the pushrod sits there is a small hole in the bottom of the cup. The Mopar Performance lifters I have do not have this hole.

Anyone know if the Comp Cam's lifters must be used with oil passing push rods to function correctly?
Thanks,
Wolfe
Posted By: 1_WILD_RT

Re: Lifter hole vs no hole - 03/16/11 07:28 AM

Doesn't matter.. Oil originates at the lifter & can be fed to the rockers but a solid tip pushrod can be used & will block oil flow...
Posted By: Wolfe440

Re: Lifter hole vs no hole - 03/16/11 08:45 AM

Quote:

Doesn't matter.. Oil originates at the lifter & can be fed to the rockers but a solid tip pushrod can be used & will block oil flow...

Good, my plan is to use solid tip push rods with the Comp lifters, just wanted to make sure its ok. Thanks!
Posted By: Kern Dog

Re: Lifter hole vs no hole - 03/16/11 10:01 AM

I have these lifters in the Charger with the MP '509 cam. GREAT oil pressure, NO valve/lifter clatter, everything is good.
Posted By: MoparforLife

Re: Lifter hole vs no hole - 03/16/11 01:40 PM

Lifters are made so that they are usable on AMC which use the oil through push rods. solid push rod effectively seal the passage.
Posted By: finadk

Re: Lifter hole vs no hole - 03/17/11 03:58 PM

I had a similar concern. I am using the Comp lifters with Crane gold roller rockers and crane pushrods with the hole in them.
Looks like the push rod adjuster will now be lubricated by the hole in the rocker arm as well as the pushrods. Should I be concerned about loosing oil pressure?
Im thinking that more oil on the valve train cant be a bad thing.
Scott
© 2024 Moparts Forums