Posted By: VernMotor

10' A Body drum spindles - 03/15/11 10:55 PM

Are all 67-72 the same ?
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: 10' A Body drum spindles - 03/16/11 02:11 AM

Should be, why do you ask?
Posted By: POZEST

Re: 10' A Body drum spindles - 03/16/11 05:44 AM

I have some froma dart I parted out if you need something measured.
Posted By: carteravs

Re: 10' A Body drum spindles - 03/16/11 02:01 PM

They will interchange, but there are two different forging nos. The
'69 and earlier no. begins with a 20 and the'70 and later no. begins with a 28. The filet right behind the outer bearing location is more gen-
erous on the later parts. I assume it's a strength issue, although I
never heard of there being a problem with either one. Usually, a forging no. isn't visable on the disc brake spindles.

Re: 10' A Body drum spindles - 03/16/11 05:27 PM

OK thank you very much..I need some. so as I am asking for or digging at the yard..I know better what I can use
Posted By: blown340

Re: 10' A Body drum spindles - 03/16/11 09:04 PM

To bad you are so far away, I have the complete 10 inch drum setup from my 71 scamp just sitting here that I would gladly give away for free.

Re: 10' A Body drum spindles - 03/16/11 09:13 PM

thank you..I just need the spindles..I order brakes for them..and found out that I have B-body spindle on the car..and the brakes will not fit !
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: 10' A Body drum spindles - 03/16/11 09:16 PM

Quote:

thank you..I just need the spindles..I order brakes for them..and found out that I have B-body spindle on the car..and the brakes will not fit !

what is the car , year ? B body spindle will not fit on a 67 -72 A body , the B body used a different upper ball joint .
Posted By: rt66jim

Re: 10' A Body drum spindles - 03/16/11 10:47 PM

Quote:

Quote:

what is the car , year ? B body spindle will not fit on a 67 -72 A body , the B body used a different upper ball joint .

Well they will if you use A-Body disc brake upper control arms off a 73 or newer.
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: 10' A Body drum spindles - 03/17/11 02:49 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Well they will if you use A-Body disc brake upper control arms off a 73 or newer.

That's why I am asking , if he gets the 67-72 spindle then he is going to have to either bore out the upper balljoint hole , change the upper control arm OR I think dr. diff sells an adaptor sleeve ????

Re: 10' A Body drum spindles - 03/18/11 02:16 AM

They had put big ball joints in the upper A-arms.I got new tube style a-arms now..they change it over to have the big bolt pattern. But I still need a set of 67-72 10" drum spindles.because thats what I bought the new strange brakes to fit.

Re: 10' A Body drum spindles - 03/18/11 02:18 AM

And yes John I have the reamer to bore out the hole for the big ball joint.
© 2024 Moparts Forums