Moparts

Wiped cam?

Posted By: 73challenger_tn

Wiped cam? - 03/13/11 10:18 PM

Hello, I built a new 360 last fall and it has around 500 miles on it. I have had a problem with what I thought was rocker arms backing off. I tighten this one and maybe a hundred miles later it will be loose again. I didn't do anything special when breaking it in since its a hydraulic roller cam. This rocker arm is screwed it alot more than the rest of the rockers. The 89 roller motor was a factory roller so I reused the factory lifters. The motor runs amazing between the ticking. Could the lifter just be compressing? I hope so! Could this have been my problem?Here are the specs.
RHS heads
Indy rockers 1.5
Comp big mother thumper roller
Crane retrofit pushrods
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Wiped cam? - 03/13/11 10:31 PM

You need to look in there , if you have a problem it's going to be very hard to diagnose over the computer .
Posted By: astjp2

Re: Wiped cam? - 03/14/11 01:13 AM

You can cut the oil filter and look for metal, they use it on aircraft filters every time the oil is changed. Tim
Posted By: wannadrag

Re: Wiped cam? - 03/14/11 02:41 AM

What oil were you using?Did it have zinc in it?Most off the shelf oil has no zinc and will wipe a cam out in a hurry.
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Wiped cam? - 03/14/11 01:50 PM

Quote:

What oil were you using?Did it have zinc in it?Most off the shelf oil has no zinc and will wipe a cam out in a hurry.

He has a ROLLER cam , not an issue .
Posted By: 73challenger_tn

Re: Wiped cam? - 03/14/11 08:36 PM

Quote:

Quote:

He has a ROLLER cam , not an issue .

Well, I bought two new roller lifts and a oil change yesterday. A bad lifter seems to have similar symptoms.
Posted By: drew72

Re: Wiped cam? - 03/14/11 11:36 PM

You also could have a valve seat pounding out.
© 2024 Moparts Forums