Moparts

bb fuel pump not sitting flush.

Posted By: drumcat

bb fuel pump not sitting flush. - 03/12/11 07:34 PM

Switching Holley mechanical pump from my old engine over to the new engine...will not torque flush,i have literally pulled and reinstalled FP's many times on my charger because of a rusty tank...cant remember this problem.

Attached picture 6526447-img002.jpg
Posted By: Dodgeguy101

Re: bb fuel pump not sitting flush. - 03/12/11 07:45 PM

The only thing that comes to mind is the fuel pump is bad and the arm, if you will, will not move, as the lobe on the camshaft is in the outer position. If the arm on the fuel pump will not move, than I could see the pump not sitting flush. But if the arm moves okay, the only other thing I could think of is the pump is hitting the plug under it. You know the one that is there that you have to take out to put the rod in that goes from the cam to the fuel pump. All that I can think of, hope that helps.

Re: bb fuel pump not sitting flush. - 03/12/11 07:55 PM

thanks,arm moves...when i turn the motor with a breaker i see no movement in the rod?
Posted By: RemCharger

Re: bb fuel pump not sitting flush. - 03/12/11 07:56 PM

Rod fell down and arm is not on end of rod ,forcing pump up?

Re: bb fuel pump not sitting flush. - 03/12/11 08:01 PM

didn't think of that, that is a good answer..
Posted By: Pacnorthcuda

Re: bb fuel pump not sitting flush. - 03/12/11 08:06 PM

...also the pump is easier to install in the 'relaxed' position, if you bump the motor over 1/4 turn you may find it easier due the pump eccentric being on its base circle rather than its lobe.

Re: bb fuel pump not sitting flush. - 03/12/11 08:24 PM

Remcharger that is the perfect answer/solution to the problem...i am acting an idiot, thank you all and sorry for wasting any of your time.

Re: bb fuel pump not sitting flush. - 03/12/11 08:33 PM

Didn't waste my time, glad someone helped you. That is what all this about. Take care.
© 2024 Moparts Forums