Moparts

Know where I can get GOOD T/A pushrods?

Posted By: T/A CARe

Know where I can get GOOD T/A pushrods? - 03/12/11 06:17 PM

They're longer than standard small block pushrods because of the T/A offset intakes.

I'd gotten a couple replacement pushrods from Comp Cams years ago and both had the cup receiver snap off! I'm just glad they didn't fall down into the engine!

Attached picture 6526329-DSC05932(Small).JPG
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: Know where I can get GOOD T/A pushrods? - 03/12/11 06:23 PM

Measure the situation for your motor and get them from Smith Bros.
Posted By: 1_WILD_RT

Re: Know where I can get GOOD T/A pushrods? - 03/12/11 06:26 PM

Quote:

Measure the situation for your motor and get them from Smith Bros.

I agree, Smith Bros or Manton....

http://www.pushrods.net/

http://www.mantonpushrods.com/

Re: Know where I can get GOOD T/A pushrods? - 03/12/11 06:36 PM

Quote:

They're longer than standard small block pushrods because of the T/A offset intakes.

I'd gotten a couple replacement pushrods from Comp Cams years ago and both had the cup receiver snap off! I'm just glad they didn't fall down into the engine!

Was the cup hitting the bottom of the rocker?

When Troy did his T/A motor he had some sort of pushrod length issue. IIRC, not all lifters have thier pungers in the same place. Or lifter plungers in the past have been in different places. The adjuster screws weren't in the right place.

Attached picture 6526362-CopyofPICT1266.JPG

Re: Know where I can get GOOD T/A pushrods? - 03/12/11 07:41 PM

Quote:

I "think" that's what was happening. With the longer than stock rods (7.5625) vs. stock (7.4375) the adjustment screw & ball had to be farther up in the rocker, allowing the pushrod cup to hit the bottom of the rocker...

I have used shorter rods (7.25) which cause a little too steep an angle as the ball enters the lifter and chews up the end. (See pic) Thoughts?

The original T/A rod is on top.

I'll look up the links above and see what they say.

Attached picture 6526455-DSC05943(Medium).JPG
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Know where I can get GOOD T/A pushrods? - 03/12/11 08:38 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I "think" that's what was happening. With the longer than stock rods (7.5625) vs. stock (7.4375) the adjustment screw & ball had to be farther up in the rocker, allowing the pushrod cup to hit the bottom of the rocker...

I have used shorter rods (7.25) which cause a little too steep an angle as the ball enters the lifter and chews up the end. (See pic) Thoughts?

You need a length checking pushrod , with 2 threads of the adjuster showing out of the bottom of the rocker that will be the length pushrod you need , if the heads and the block have been decked a lot you would need a shorter pushrod .

Re: Know where I can get GOOD T/A pushrods? - 03/12/11 08:41 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You need a length checking pushrod , with 2 threads of the adjuster showing out of the bottom of the rocker that will be the length pushrod you need , if the heads and the block have been decked a lot you would need a shorter pushrod .

Like this...

Attached picture 6526594-1_16_11Sm01.JPG

Re: Know where I can get GOOD T/A pushrods? - 03/12/11 11:10 PM

Thanks guys!
© 2024 Moparts Forums