Moparts

Stainless brake lines worth it?

Posted By: moparcyco

Stainless brake lines worth it? - 03/06/11 07:50 PM

As the title implies are they worth the little bit extra they cost?I'm going to order a set this week was just wondering what you guys think.None of my original stuff was usable thats kinda why I thought stainless woul be better for longevity.any thoughts or opinions are welcome thanks guys.
Posted By: DaytonaTurbo

Re: Stainless brake lines worth it? - 03/06/11 08:04 PM

Well unless you plan on doing a lot of winter driving through the salt and gravel, I don't think you'll wear out another set of regular steel brake lines in your lifetime.
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: Stainless brake lines worth it? - 03/06/11 08:48 PM

Ahhhh,....nothing better than looking at rusty steel lines under a fresh resto after a few years,...spend the money, go stainless, do it right the first time,...just think if the factory had done stainless in the day, you wouldn't be asking this question,...
Posted By: 451Mopar

Re: Stainless brake lines worth it? - 03/06/11 09:18 PM

I have replaced my lines with stainless. The lines I replaced were rusted for a reason. Brake fluid will absorb water out of the air. Most people don't flush their brake lines every few years, so the stainless is good insurance. Same with all the alcohol and additives they put in gas these days.
Stainless fuel lines are a good idea, and easy to replace the 5/16" with 3/8" for better fuel flow.
Posted By: mikemee1331

Re: Stainless brake lines worth it? - 03/06/11 09:18 PM

spend the money! i've had some for 15 years and they look as good as the day i bought them. just don't expect to cut and flare your own!
Posted By: moparcyco

Re: Stainless brake lines worth it? - 03/06/11 09:33 PM

Thanks for the replies that helps make the decision stainless it is.Thanks guys
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: Stainless brake lines worth it? - 03/06/11 09:35 PM

Quote:

I have replaced my lines with stainless. The lines I replaced were rusted for a reason. Brake fluid will absorb water out of the air. Most people don't flush their brake lines every few years, so the stainless is good insurance. Same with all the alcohol and additives they put in gas these days.
Stainless fuel lines are a good idea, and easy to replace the 5/16" with 3/8" for better fuel flow.

......with steel, it's going to rust inside, as well as outside..eventually,
I replace every steel line on my personal cars (I encourage my customers as well), not one steel line of any type left in place,...plus if you polish them out by hand, they stay that way

Attached picture 6514177-melon9.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums