Moparts

Full exhaust and springs relocated?

Posted By: 4404dart

Full exhaust and springs relocated? - 02/11/11 03:40 PM

If it can be done, how about some pics of A bodies with full exhaust out to the rear bumper, and the leaf springs relocated, offset shackles too. Thanks.

Re: Full exhaust and springs relocated? - 02/11/11 08:41 PM

Re: Full exhaust and springs relocated? - 02/12/11 04:36 PM

Thought I would try once more, anybody with full exhaust and bigger tires/springs relocated?
Posted By: babarracuda

Re: Full exhaust and springs relocated? - 02/12/11 05:02 PM

I'm sorry that I don't have a picture,but I can describe it. My 67 Barracuda has the springs under the frame rails with full exhaust. I have TTI and use 2 1/2" tail pipes. I don't know about a stock fuel tank because I put in a 15 gal tank in the trunk. The exhaust fits fine. Previuously I has a poly gas tank dropped through the floor and I had only 1/2" clearance between the spings, tank and pipes. If you are using a stock tank, I would not use 3" tail pipes. 3" through the mufflers and 2 1/2 " tail pipes work great.
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Full exhaust and springs relocated? - 02/12/11 05:08 PM

I bought a 65 dart roller w the (super stock) springs relocated into the subframes w (I'm assuming) the MP square boxed deal w the angle cut on one end and the rear shackles welded on/hanging from the rear subframes and there will be no room for a stock width tank and the PO did not mini tub it at the same time so the gain was not that much and I'm going to put the springs back to normal so I can get a stock tank in there & be able to run tailpipes along side it
Posted By: Keith BlackĀ®

Re: Full exhaust and springs relocated? - 02/12/11 10:34 PM

my B body has exhaust to rear, 345 wide tyres & most the remaining space taken up wit suspension...
BIG job!

Attached picture 6471846-DSC00616(2).jpg

Re: Full exhaust and springs relocated? - 02/13/11 01:48 AM

Good info and some thinking outside the box.
Posted By: Keith BlackĀ®

Re: Full exhaust and springs relocated? - 02/13/11 03:25 AM

we had to do major work to get the exhaust over the rear axle.
3.5in pipes required we fabricate a whole new raised hump over the rear axle & into the boot floor.
Pipes were too large to run in the original location with my combo [which is a street car] I really need 4 mufflers to keep it as quiet as possible [which will still be noisy]. Pipe routing has a few twists (all mandrel bends) the use of V-Clamps for easy section disassembly.
Posted By: CHRYCOFAN

Re: Full exhaust and springs relocated? - 02/13/11 07:29 PM

My 68 Dart...

Butch

Attached picture 6473544-Picture137.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums